Sunday, June 15, 2008

Needed to Smile

I needed to smile tonight because I've been so depressed all day that at about 5:45pm (before we had eaten supper) I decided that I was going to take Ayden to the park. I totally didn't ask Jay and just told him that we were leaving and we went. Jay usually doesn't want to come with us anyways and when he does, he just follows Ayden around and doesn't really play with him. I didn't want him to feel like he had to come so we left without him. It was so nice! Ayden and I were running around and playing a revised game of hide and seek. The park is big and had a decent number of people at it so I told him that I couldn't cover my eyes when he went to 'hide' because there were too many people. He was fine with that and he just kept hiding in the same two areas, which happened to be tubes at opposite ends of the park. It felt good to smile and laugh and just have fun with him! I should have brougth my camera, but didn't. Oh well...

Then we got home at I made supper at 7pm, I know kind of late, eh? Ayden wanted hamburger helper and so that is what I made. Bath time afterwards and then off to bed. Hopefully he doesn't wake up tonight with a belly ache. He said that his cheeks made his belly hurt. Don't know how that works exactly, but oh well. At least it didn't carry over into today.

Wondering how tonight will go when it comes to Jay. I think he's kind of noticed that I've been quieter than usual today. I've answered his questions, but usually with only one word. He even said that it was hard to make conversation with me today. Sorry I said. I know I probably shouldn't 'retaliate' this way, but it might be the only thing that works. Because talking about it sure doesn't. We are going home next weekend, what in the world will he do without his game for two whole nights! He might just have to come to bed with me. Scary thought, huh? I didn't think I was that much of a bed and blanket hog. Lol... just trying to make light of the situation.

Okay, so back to work tomorrow and maybe I'll find another book to read. At least that way when I'm being neglected I won't feel so depressed about it. Just need to escape into someone else's fictional world. Seems to work other times!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: