Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Funny observation (okay maybe not funny, but at least I kind of thought it was)... I was watching Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood last night on the Oxygen channel. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a reality show about Tori Spelling, her husband, son Liam and her current pregnancy. Well, she isn't pregnant anymore, new baby girl a few weeks ago. Anyways, I like this show because even though they are celebrities they act like real people too. Obviously they are doing stuff that I wouldn't do (photo shoots, book tours, etc...) and buying stuff I'll probably never be able to afford (super expensive EVERYTHING) they do have their 'normal' moments. Just last night Tori was picking up dog doo-doo and they had to go house hunting because their rental was being sold. So they were looking at uber big houses, they still were concerned about money issues. But the one thing that caught my eye was Tori's jealousy issues. Her and Dean were sitting in bed at one point have a discussion that was super similar to ones that Jay and I have had on numerous occasions. It was just nice to know that they are/can be 'real' people too. That make any sense?! Plus I like almost any shows that have babies in them. Totally in love with A Baby Story, Bringing Home Baby, John and Kate Plus 8 (although they aren't babies anymore), etc... Not only are the shows super cute, it also lets me see different types of parenting styles.

I like to think that I am a good parent, but I know I have my moments. But no one is perfect. I think the one thing that bothers me a lot is how people react to Ayden's shyness. It's not so much that they react to it I guess, but how they pursue talking to him. He is overly shy... and we all know who he gets that from, his MOMMY! Lol, okay, so maybe he just is shy and he didn't get it from me. In any case, he does not like strangers (probably a good thing) and will instantly try to hide his face, ie: running behind me, burying his head into me, etc... Well a lot of people continue to try and get his attention. The more they do this the worse he gets. I try and get him to come out of his shell, but it usually only makes things worse. Give him a while and he will open up, but that usually isn't what happens. Everyone always wants to talk to him and so on and so forth. I'm sure a lot of people probably think he's a mute because he sometimes doesn't say two words around people he doesn't know, but that is definitely not the 'real' Ayden. The 'real' Ayden tells stories left and right at home. He is constantly now doing pretend play and will not stop talking sometimes. Of course, he is no Alexis when it comes to the questions. She definitely has him beat with that.

Speaking of her, I was put into my first somewhat akward situation with Alexis this past weekend while at Sundae on the farm. We were on the wagon ride and she was sitting on my lap and noticed that the lady next to us, who happened to be kind of elderly, had some rather prominent vericos (sp?) veins. The ever questioning Alexis asked me why her legs looked like that. Well because it was kind of noisy I don't think that the lady overheard, and thus started my attempt at giving her an explanation. And overall, I think I did okay. She didn't ask any more questions about it so it must have been suffice. Or she just got bored with my explanation. Lol!

I want to make welcome posters with Ayden to put on the door when my mom and sister come. We have to go to Walmart later so that is when I will get the poster paper. I hope Ayden has fun making them. Speaking of posters, my mom found some awesome dinosaur posters at Good Will and she got them for Ayden to put up in his room. The thing is, they have a picture on both sides so he has to choose which side he wants showing. Well I wanted to get them laminated because they are pretty nice posters and that way niether side will be ruined by sticky tack or tape when they are put up. I called Staples to see what their laminating cost was... $2/square foot. Well, the posters are 6 sq ft x $2 equals $12/poster x 6 posters equals $72 for complete lamination. I guess I don't like those posters that much. I thought it was a ridiculously high amount. So I checked to see what the Print and Design center on campus would charge. Turns out they don't do posters bigger than 11 x 17". Kinda bummed about it all, but I'm not that rich. And we don't have a Kinkos anywhere near us and I don't know of any other place that will laminate for a decent price. I suppose that we could buy some laminating paper and do it ourselves, but I'm afraid of messing up and wrecking the posters.


Ayden and I went to the beach again this afternoon. This time I wore my new swimsuit and totally worked it. Lol... or not. We had lots of fun though. I brought along two of Ayden's boats that he uses in the tub to play with and at one point he took both of them into the water with him and ended up losing one. I tried explaining to him what happened and before we knew it a super nice lady came up and asked us if we had lost a boat. She said her and her kids found it floating down the river. Ayden and I were so thankful! Apparently we were meant to go home with the two boats that we came with. It wouldn't have been a tragic loss since the toy was only like a $1.50 from Walmart, but you know kids with their toys. And my little guy who is usually so super shy actually said thank you and it was decipherable. Another yeah!

We didn't stay as long as we did yesterday, but that was okay. Got home and Ayden had a bit of a rest time. No nap, but that's okay too. He didn't have one yesterday and we managed to forgo any major meltdowns before bed. Always good!

I watched P.S. I Love You today and I hated it! No really, I loved it, but I cried practically the whole time. Those writers sure know how to pull at your heart strings. It was so romantic and sad at the same time! They would have a funny scene going and then something little would change and the water works would start up all over again, but in a good way. Definitely recommend it!

I got a letter from Lee earlier this week and still haven't written him back. I mostly just haven't gotten around to it and sort of just don't feel like it. Great friend I am right? But it kind of bites because his letter didn't address anything that I had previously written him and that kind made me sad. Only because I was pretty depressed the last time I wrote him and was seriously looking for some advice and he didn't offer any. What good is he as a best friend if he won't offer any advice? Okay, so maybe it's a guy thing. They just can't get all sentimental like us girls. Well they probably can, just choose not to. But he did say that things are progressing pretty good for him and he had good results from the meeting he had the other day so that is good. Getting things all sorted out... August is looking to be better and better, but of course it wouldn't help to get his hopes up or anything because the moment he would, would be the moment he finds out it will be another year. He just needs to keep his mind open to things and keep on the path that he is! I have faith in him!

I suppose that I could do some cleaning tonight before my mom comes over in the morning, but why bother. She won't care and it will only be making more work for me...

I should really be studying for the GRE, getting to be almost a month and then I have to take it. I hate thinking about it. I still have to go and get a tetanus shot, TB test, and titers done. Love it! Or not!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: