Saturday, January 31, 2009

Durable Computer!

Thank goodness for the durability of computers these days, specifically my current laptop. It took quite the trip today… from the table top to the floor! And… it still works perfectly (or so has been).

I’ve had it on the kitchen table for the past couple of days and plugged into the wall. And the cord just so happened to run along the floor at the wrong place, the place where we walk past ALL the time! I know I had it coming, I was just asking for it by leaving my computer where it was, I was just hoping it wouldn’t happen. Or maybe wasn’t thinking at all. So, Jay was the unlucky one who caught the cord with his foot and took the computer on it’s first trip (and I’m hoping the LAST one)! Needless to say he went crazy after it fell trying to make sure it worked and everything. Quite the scare, but like I said, everything seems to be fine!

We did some shopping today at Kohls. They were having a sale and Jay wanted a new winter coat. Columbia on sale for $60! Couldn’t pass it up! He also got some socks and I got Ayden two new books for his Tag Reader. He didn’t seem too enthralled with them right now, but oh well.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous outside today as well! We just had to take advantage of it and went outside to play in the snow for about an hour. Even Jay joined us! We climbed the mountain, we threw snowballs, we dug forts, we slid down on the inner tube! It was so much fun and I wish that the weather in the winter was like this more often!

We also played the Wii tonight as a family! Ayden and I played archery, Jay, Ayden and I played curling, Jay and I played bowling… and now I am relaxing. It was a day of doing pretty much nothing, well at least school wise! Once again (like last weekend) I did not open my school bag or even think about it today. But, because I got my lesson plan done on Thursday night, I don’t have much in the way of that to do. I need to finish preparing for my session though on Monday. Still a little nervous, but last session went well so this one should too. However, Monday night I will need to do both a reflection and lesson plan because they will be due on Tuesday. That is a little more work that I would like in one night… but it is definitely doable!

Oh wait, I did do a little bit of school work today. Jay and I did some music quizzes yesterday and I did a few more today. They are very easy and short and thought I would get a head start on the whole class. I have 14 quizzes done, only 21 more to do! But they are only like 5-10 questions each and not timed or anything, actually rather easy and then 5 small projects to work on. First one due the 11th of February so I have a little time yet.

Tomorrow will probably be much like today… just chillin’ at home and getting some homework/clinich stuff done. Next week is monster truck show, then ice fishing, then going to see Wicked in Green Bay, then possibly going to see Stomp in Green Bay. February is going to be quite the busy busy month!!! Well at least on the weekends, but it will make it go fast and then it’s March and Spring Break, however we don’t have anything planned as of yet. Probably won’t be doing anything either… lackage of money, but that is okay. Someday we will get a vacation…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: