Saturday, November 22, 2008

Early Morning

I got up bright and early this morning so I could go and visit with my friend. It was a nice day long visit and we were able to talk about a lot of stuff. Sometimes getting up early is worth it, lol!

But now I am home and it is cold in my house. Probably won’t be warm until I want to go to bed. However, a good movie looks to be starting on Lifetime soon so I might lay down and watch that and then go to bed. My plans for tomorrow are to sleep in for a little while, get my article summary done for my ComD class and FINALLY finish up my grad application stuff. I don’t think I have a whole lot more to do other than that. Should be like three hours of work, or less actually. And then it will be time to sit and wait for my boys to come home from hunting.

I just got off the phone with Jay and he wasn’t lucky enough to get a deer today. His brother, Steven, did though. A nub buck! Speaking of that, I saw a pretty good sized buck while I was driving home tonight. I was so thankful that it decided to stay on the side of the road, but it scared me pretty good. Just another reminder that we need to be keeping watch for them. And if that wasn’t enough, about a block away from the apartment, I saw one wondering down the street in town. Didn’t get to see if this was one was a buck though.

Jay is really hoping that he can get a shot off on the big huge buck that he saw this morning. That would be nice because I know how bad that he wants to get one. The only sucky part is paying for it to be processed. I talked to Jay though and he said that if they just get it chunked out or something like that that it wouldn’t cost as much so that would be good. I know that he would love to put another rack on our wall. If he had his way he would get the whole head done like his dad. Hmm… I’m not so sure about that. Especially if he planned to put it up right where his other antlers are. I can deal with just the antlers, but a whole head? Not so sure about that one. We’ll see though. If it is really huge and he is totally in love with it, maybe it can be part of his Christmas present (because it is not cheap to get it mounted).

Ah, Christmas! Day after Thanksgiving shopping… which of my readers are crazy enough to get out with the masses and partake in this?! I am proud to say that I am! I have for the past couple of years, minus Ayden (thank you Michele, Jay’s mom, who doesn’t like shopping that day!), but I don’t know if I am going to go this year. It’s usually a family thing, and well I don’t even know if that side of the family is getting together for Christmas. But do we ever know when that side of the family is doing anything? Nope! Usually find out a day or two before, or sometimes even the day of. Guess that is just our family for you.

In any case, my mom has to work that day and so I don’t know if I am going. My sister would like to, but of course not by herself. I really just don’t want to have to drive. I am not good with busy driving like that! I don’t really even have any lists made out either! I feel behind, but it is only not Thanksgiving yet. I have over a year month to worry about that yet. Jay and I think we know what we want to get Ayden for Christmas, at least part of it anyways.

Okay, good day is going to end with a good movie, or two… CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

amanda said...

SOOOO there is thanksgiving. at jane's house on thursday, for kyle's birthday too i guess whatever, anywho you can come anytime after 230 and supper will be served between 530 and 600...which means we should eat by like 8 and have cake sometime shortly before midnight i'm sure!! :0) hope to see you guys there. maybe we can have some texting fun...he he he he