Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ready for the weekend!

It's looking like a great Thursday everyone! So a great Thursday will turn into a great Friday and a super Saturday for my cousin Amy's wedding (http://agk11808.blogspot.com)!!! Minus all of the rainy/snowy weather we are getting/supposed to get over the weekend. I will not let icky weather get in the way of my great mood right now. And why is there a reason for my great mood you might ask?! Well I will tell you!!!

I was to have therapy this morning at 8am, yeah, great mood means no therapy, right? Wrong, I had therapy, but today the client didn't show up until 8:15am which meant only a half hour and since we were having a parent conference today, it meant even less time for the actual therapy. I was pretty nervous about the parent conference though. Put me into those types of situations and I will get that way... just me... anyways, at the end of the session my supervisor thought that I did a good job. Also, the conference took up the entire half hour that we had for our session today which meant that I didn't have to do any actual therapy and that my lesson plan can carry over to Monday and I don't have to turn anything in before I leave tomorrow for clinic! I have a little something to do for my progress notes, but nothing that will take up a lot of time. Meaning, I have tonight pretty much free to do whatever I please!

Not completely though, as I am meeting with a group at 5pm to work on our diseases paper. They were supposed to meet on Tuesday when I had to take Ayden to swimming lessons, but unfortunately that meeting didn't pan out like planned. Kinda bummed about that because I thought I was going to get out of the actual writing of the paper part. However, only three of us can meet tonight and we are putting the paper together and then the other two will look it over before we submit it on Monday. I am kind of worried about this grade, but whatever though. I could probably get a C on the paper and still get an A in the class. And I am not really wanting to put the effort into it today either. Personally I don't think it is going to turn out all that well and really it is confusing as to even what she wants us to write about too!

I am done with class for the week! Super yeah to that, however I am a bit peeved at my ComD 407 professor. She is handing out an assignment in class tomorrow and I emailed her and asked her if she could email me the assignment early because I wasn't going to be there. She proceeds to tell me that the policy of the class is that if we are going to miss it is our responsibility to get handouts and notes from a classmate. Okay, yeah, I already knew that and that is okay, but we are talking about an assignment here. She told me that I need to have a classmate get it for me and put it in my student mailbox and I can then get it on Monday. How fair is that? I'm being punished (less time to work on the assignment) because I am going out of town for a wedding?! It wouldn't be so bad if we were just getting some extra handouts for our notes, but this is an actual assignment. I then get three less days to work on it! I'm sure it will be nothing super hard, but still. I don't think it is fair, but what can I do, eh? I don't want to challenge her and then get her irked at me for doing so. I guess I will just leave it be. My friend agreed to pick it up for me and put it in my mailbox. Guess I will have to get it done Monday night for class on Tuesday. Oh well... not going to let that ruin the rest of my day!

Grey's and ER are on tonight! But I might find a movie to watch instead. My sister gave me this cool website where you can watch movies for free. Some are not the best quality and what nots, but I watched The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 on it on Tuesday night and it was pretty good. Could have been a bit clearer, it was kind of pixelly at times, but overall the words matched up and I had really been wanting to see the movie. This way I got to see it in the comfort of my own home (bed actually) and didn't have to pay for it. But you have to have a faster internet connection for it to work half way decent.

Speaking of movies... TWILIGHT is coming out in TWO WEEKS!!! Two weeks tomorrow that is! I cannot wait to go see the movie, and in fact that just so happens to be the first weekend of deer hunting and Jay said that he was going to take Ayden home with him so that leaves me home alone with nothing to do except go to the movie theater and watch Twilight! Super exciting! Besides, I so know that Jay would not get into that movie so it's probably a good thing that he will not be coming with me!

Currently waiting for my group members to show up to work on our paper for my diseases class. Part of me hopes that they don’t show up so that I don’t have to worry about doing any work because then they would have to do the work over the weekend, but another part of me does so that I know that we will be getting something done and I won’t be freaking out about it all over the weekend. Great stuff, huh?! I’m hoping it doesn’t take too long. I only put enough money in the meter for an hour. I’m thinking it shouldn’t take more than an hour to get a few things put together into somewhat of a good format. But maybe I am wrong.

After we are done working on our paper, I am going to head to Walmart for the second night in a row. I need to get some super hold hairspray for my hair this weekend. The stuff that I have now is flexible hold and is good for volume, not holding curls in all day long. I cannot wait to get all dolled up for the wedding, so much fun! It seems like such a long time ago since I was able to get all dolled up for something, but it was only about two years ago that I stood up in my best friend’s wedding. And now she is getting divorced. Oh well, she needs to do what is going to be best for her and her son and if that is what it is, then be my guest. I don’t particularly like divorce (mostly because it seems so common these days) and that is one of the big reasons why I will not get married until I am 1,000,000% sure that I am marrying the right guy and that it will last forever. Now, just because I don’t really like it, doesn’t mean that I don’t believe in it.

Later tonight… my meeting with my group members went pretty good. We were done and out of there within a half hour. I think our paper might actually turn out pretty good. Like I said, I was pretty worried before we had our meeting. After that I ran to Kohls and Walmart for a few things. A few things that I definitely didn’t need from Kohls, but bought anyways because they were having a sale. I got a really neat bracelet to wear for the wedding. My silver one doesn’t really go with the dress and I need to wear something on my wrist or I will feel naked. Hate that feeling, lol! I was looking for some earrings as well, but really didn’t find anything that I liked. Then I went to Walmart to pick up a few things and headed back home.

Oh, btw, I found the perfect gift for my cousin’s wedding. Well perfect by my means, or well I should I say that I really like it because it’s super cool. I hope that the newlyweds will too! And because I know the bride to be (IN TWO DAYS!!!) reads this, no hints. I will post pictures after the wedding though for everyone to see. It’s actually part bought part made. And that is enough hints! I know you still love me Amy, lol!

Because I am not going to class or work tomorrow, I get to totally sleep in for about an extra hour. I am so stoked about that! It could be longer, but I need to pack everything as well and I want to make sure that I have everything so my packing will be very slow and methodical, versus just trying to throw everything together. I also need to pack for Ayden because we don’t want Jay forgetting anything, now do we?

My mind hasn’t been doing a lot of deep thinking lately. Really I’ve just been trying to make it through the week so I get everything I need to done before I take off for the weekend. And it looks like I have. I am actually looking forward to the drive in the morning. Looks like the rain will be holding off until the afternoon and I always enjoy a good drive by myself every now and then, especially because then I can put on my favorite music, turn it up super loud, and sing along with it and not have to worry about anyone listening, lol! Yes, I do crazy stuff like that when I am driving. And Hwy 10 is not heavily traveled which is how I love it!

Okay, I was totally going to watch a movie tonight, but the website is not loading the one that I want to watch so I guess it is Grey’s and ER after all, but that is okay. Off to enjoy them and election free commercials and then dream land!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: