Sunday, November 2, 2008

Weekend of FUN!!!

Friday during the day…150 some posts later and I think I’m officially addicted! I think I was addicted way before this as I had a number of blogs that I kept up with on a pretty frequent basis before I started my own, but it’s made it’s way into my life and I think it’s stuck. I haven’t decided if this is a good thing or not… I post almost every day, but more so for myself than to make sure my readers (who ever has stuck around for this long). But on the other hand I feel some days when I don’t post that I am letting my readers down because I know how much I enjoy reading new posts on the blogs that I lurk on. In any case, it’s official… I’m a blog addict! Not only for lurking around others blogs, but I enjoy writing new posts just as much myself. But that is not the only thing I am addicted to. I am pretty much addicted to facebook as well. Although it has gotten less since I’ve been blogging. It’s bad at night when I am laying in bed and a commercial comes on. I immediately reach over for my palm pilot, hit the little internet button and them check to see if anyone has updated their blogs since the previous five minutes that I checked last. Bad I know, lol!

It is Friday today and it’s been a pretty good week, minus missing swimming lessons. Today has been great thus far. The weather is still pretty awesome out! I think another walk around the lake might be in order for today after I pick Ayden up from daycare. Yesterday after I picked him up we ran home quick so I could change out of my dress clothes and went for a walk around the small lake in town and then we went to the park to play for a while. It was lots of fun! Then Jay grilled out some hamburgers for us as well! Probably the last time that we will be using the grill for the year. With the ‘new’ grill (the one we took from the dumpster area) the cooking went a lot faster and it was just as good. Ayden really ate awesome last night! He ate almost his whole burger, a fruit cup, and a pile of chips. Definitely healthy, right? I was impressed though! So, I am thinking we need to spend a little time outside today because it IS so nice out!!!

My classes today went well. My abnormal psych class was pretty cool because we are learning all about dissociative identity disorder (better known as multiple personality disorder) and it’s really interesting! We are having a guest speaker come next week and I cannot wait to hear what she has to say about it.

Saturday night…We ended up going home Friday night after Jay got home from work. He originally told me that he wasn’t going to be working all that late, but ended up not getting home until 5:30pm which was kind of annoying. Mostly because he had told me that we would run to the UPS store/place thingy after he got home to see if we could pick up my camera. The UPS guy stopped at our house during the day and left a note thingy saying that they would try and drop off my package again on Monday. Well, if it was something that Jay was expecting, he would have made a point to make it home in time to get to the UPS place to get his item. He also told me that he didn’t think the trucks got back to the building until 5:30, so hence why I didn’t run there myself before he got home. Anyways, he gets home and proceeds to tell me that he thinks the place is already closed. I was a little annoyed because I was anxious to get my camera. In any case, we decided to just leave for Chilton because we had everything pretty much packed already and it was getting late. The drive home was pretty quiet as I was still a little peeved.

We got to Appleton around 6:30pm and Ayden was asleep. We decided to stop somewhere to get something eat instead of driving the rest of the way to Jay’s parents. They were having steak (something I knew Ayden wouldn’t like and I don’t particularly like it either) and so we ended up at Fazoli’s! Yummy!!! Except the restaurant was FREEZING!!! We ate our yummy food and then headed back on out. Ayden actually ate two whole pieces of pizza and two bread sticks. I was amazed because I don’t think I would have been able to eat that much!

After we got to Jay’s parent’s house we unpacked the garage and ended up playing some dominos. We had lots of fun playing dominos and I even won a game! After that we all sat down to watch a scary movie because it was Halloween! The scary movie of choice for last night, Child’s Play! Can you say argh?!?!? I swore I would never watch that movie again. If you’ve heard of/seen the movie, you know it is about this sadistic little doll that comes to life. IE: brings on nightmares for Ashley. Wouldn’t you know, I watched it last night and I didn’t have any nightmares. Didn’t keep me from getting the chills at parts during the movie though, even though it’s really old and not even that scary. Ayden was in bed during this though, of course. Something that he definitely couldn’t watch. But by the time that he fell asleep it was 10:30pm, late!

Morning time led Ayden to get up at 6:30am saying that he wanted to go upstairs! I told him that it was still dark outside and that he should probably back to bed for a little while so it could get light outside. I told him that he could look through books for a while if he didn’t want to go back to sleep, but I was not getting up at 6:30am and he was not getting up at 6:30am when he didn’t go to bed until 10:30pm. Luckily, he fell back asleep and I woke him up at 9am later. I ended up getting up at 8ish…

Today we went to my mom’s house for a while to visit. She even made us a yummy lunch! Then we came back to Jay’s parent’s house and chilled out here for the afternoon. I watched some TV and rested while Ayden played with some tractors. Supper was turkey pot pie, which I happened to think was pretty yummy, but everyone else (namely Jay and Steven) didn’t really care for it. Oh well though… we had some trick or treaters come, some family, and visited with them for a while.

Tonight we played Clue Mysteries and I so did not win either game. I wasn’t even close… after that we played the electronic Life game and I started out losing and BAD and then I started winning, or at least I thought I was winning, but at the end, I came in second place, even though I still say that I shouldn’t have. I so had more life points and should have won, lol!

We get to turn the clocks back tonight and hopefully get a little extra sleep… yeah, right! Not with Ayden! But an extra hour in the day, yes. We are going to my dad’s house around 1pm to play for a while and then go trick or treating! I hope the weather stays nice! Apparently there is some sort of family gathering at my grandparent’s house for their anniversary. We are invited, but I don’t know if we will actually go. Obviously we will stop in for trick or treating, but I don’t know if we will go afterwards because I don’t want to get home super late tomorrow night.

I have a paper that I should be working on right now, but don’t really have any ambition. Everyone is sitting around watching CSI, I’m thinking I might join them. It’s only 9pm and although I probably could go to sleep I am not super tired yet…

Despite the fact that my life is going pretty good lately, I’ve been thinking about a lot of different things. Part of me sees things so clearly and thinks I know what I should do and a different part of me sees the way things could be and wonders about those different paths. But what do I do? Life has so many twists and turns and it really kinds of sucks!

Sunday night… too tired to post anymore about my weekend, tomorrow hopefully!!! CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: