Monday, December 29, 2008

Busy Busy Holiday!

Started Saturday night…

Where didn’t we have to go over the holidays this year? It seemed like once we got going, we didn’t stop for quite a while, and that was just what happened. We started on Christmas Eve and had Christmas every day following thru Sunday. Christmas Eve… my mom’s, Jay’s mom’s parents, my mom’s parents.

That day went pretty well. I think I told you a little bit about that. Ayden was pretty good that day. At my grandparent’s house we managed to open gifts before 10pm, awesomeness! Seriously though, I couldn’t believe that some of the adults wanted to hand out presents one by one. Do they remember what it was like to have children? I’m guessing not because then we wouldn’t be waiting until after 9pm to open gifts and we wouldn’t even be considering opening gifts one at a time. I wish I could remember what it was like when we were younger. But I must have repressed those memories, lol! In any case, it was fun and Ayden had fun.

Ayden got his very own digital camera from his godmother Sam (Ayden is lucky to have two godmother’s and a godfather… we asked Jay’s brother’s godparents to be Ayden godparents, but that is another story in and of itself). He is in LOVE with his camera and was taking pictures left and right. And they actually have turned out pretty good quality wise too! I’m glad that he got one because we had actually considered getting him one and decided against it because we didn’t know how good it would be and it is pretty good for a little kids digital camera. And it is definitely high duty as far as kid friendly.

Christmas day was Jay’s parent’s house and then off to Grandma Hoerth’s house. Oh man, was it ever PACKED there this year. You would think that I am pretty used to it by now, but this year it just seemed to be VERY full of people! We stayed through lunch (which was SO YUMMY!) and gifts and then headed on out because Ayden was in need of a nap. I got to eat some yummy meatballs and Grandma Hoerth cake and I was happy! Ayden got a John Deer (is that spelt right? I’m thinking there is an ‘h’ in deer, but whatever) soccer ball from his godfather Robert. It is the cutest thing and he is excited to use it in soccer the next time we have it in the Spring.

Day after Christmas was Ron and Janet’s house (Jim’s parents) and that was good as well. Once again Ayden was spoiled! We had fun there and then Ayden went home with my sister to stay the night at my dad’s house with Alexis. We are heading over there later today after my dad gets home from work. Once again more presents. It is nice to have a little time away from him because we’ve been with him constantly for almost the past two weeks. Not that I don’t love my child, but I am definitely not stay at home material at this point in my life. Especially since the first week Ayden was sick and this week we’ve been not on a normal routine so that doesn’t help. It will be nice to get back to Point and relax for the next two weeks before classes start again. Then we will have fun!

Tomorrow is my dad’s parent’s house for Christmas and then hopefully a half way decent ride home to Point to have Christmas as our family. I’m kind of excited to get back to our place and to sleep in my own bed and just have some alone relaxing family time. And then we can really get out all of Ayden’s stuff that have gotten because most of it we have stored in the truck right now so we don’t have to take it in the house more than once and we don’t lose any pieces of any of the toys.

I also got my Lia Sophia jewelry that I ordered and I LOVE it! I’m a jewelry fanatic and it is all precisely and I imagined. Slowly but surely, I am building up my stock, lol!

Monday afternoon now…

We finally made it home, as I stated yesterday night. Ayden loved all of the gifts that he got at our house and it was nice to sit and open gifts just as a family. Now it is just a matter of finding spots to put all the new gifts. Ah, we need to get a bigger house/apartment, lol!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: