Monday, December 15, 2008

Missing Post and Not Me’s

Here is a bit of a post that I was working on for Friday and apparently forgot to post it. Here it is now…

She had too...

because it just wouldn't have been right if my ComD professor actually let us out ON TIME during the last day of class. Per normal procedure she kept on lecturing for a FULL five minutes after class was SUPPOSED to be done. And like people don't have places that they NEED to be/get to in the ten minutes we are alloted between class times. Hello, what if someone needs to get clear across campus! Ugh, it just kind of bugs me! Plan your lecture for 50 minutes, not 55! If you wanted to teach longer, have your classes twice a week for an hour and fifteen mintues. Oh well, done with her for another year. She's a great teacher, don't get me wrong, but that one little thing REALLY bugs me. Can't ya tell?

MckMama is holding the drawing for the Rebel Without For A Cause in two days! Wouldn't it be lovely to actually win the prize? Someone will... I'm trying not to get too excited and/or get my hopes up because I know that probably everyone that reads this blog is just as excited to see if they will win as I am to see if I happen to be that one lucky person. I can still hope, right? Have a little faith? I bought a ring yesterday that says... Everything is possible when you have faith! Oh yeah, I have faith... faith that the person who is meant to win, will. And by that, I most certainly mean ME! Hahaha, or maybe not. Two days!!! And if you haven't already bought your raffle tickets, hurry up... time is running out! To find out how to enter... CLICK HERE!!! Actually, it’s over today at NOON! Get your click on!

The girls weekend that my friend and I were planning might be coming to a halt. She lives in Green Bay and I was planning on going there for Saturday and Sunday, however the nice lovely ALWAYS CORRECT weather people are saying that Saturday into Sunday could leave us with some rainy/freezing rain/sleet/snowy conditions and some icy roads. The last thing I want is to be out driving if the roads are going to be bad. I'm thinking it wouldn't be too horrible because I would be on major highways the whole time, but I've heard some bad stories about how Hwy 10 (although it is somewhat highly travelled) can get pretty crappy with freezing rain and I don't want to have to deal with that. I have a very small car (a Chevy Metro for those of you who are wondering) and I not an experienced winter drive, well you get my point, and just don't want to have to worry about it and/or get stuck in Green Bay on Sunday. I really wanted to go, but it just might not be worth it in the end. Although we were going to go to the Tundra Lodge waterpark and then HuHot afterwards for supper. Keeping my options open because seriously, doesn't that sound like an awesome way to relax before finals? Yeah, I thought so too! Girls weekend was a success as you probably know from my previous post!

Without further ado… here are my Not Me’s for today. Also, don’t forget to check out MckMama’s blog for hers and everyone else’s!

I did not have a pretty great drive to my friend’s house and home from our girls weekend. I did not crank my radio super loud and listen to the Trans Siberian Orchestra the WHOLE WAY! I do not have all four of their cds and am not obsessed with their music.

I did not have a totally fantastic time at my friend’s house as well! We did not go to the water park and I did not act like a crazy lunatic because that would not be appropriate in public. Besides, she gets me and Jay would not just look at me like I was crazy. We also did not proceed to ‘guy scope’ even though we both have significant others at home. Hey, sometimes it’s okay just too look! Besides, we totally found every guy there was worth looking at… or not! We also did not spend the whole weekend just chatting it up about every little thing! It was SO not great!

I am not totally stoked that today it is wickedly cold out and windy because if it were yesterday I’d be petrified to drive back to Point and that wouldn’t have been good.

I am not excited that I don’t have to venture outside until this afternoon because just looking outside makes me cold!

I did not call home yesterday from my friend’s house and have Ayden tell me that his throat hurts. Uh-oh… a sore throat? I did not get home too a stuffed up congestified (yes, I made that a word) child who didn’t like swallowing.

I did not proceed to cuddle with said child on the couch wondering how we’d make it through finals week with someone who cannot go to daycare.

Whilst at my friend’s house I did not learn of a new thing called Red Box where you can rent new release movies for a $1/day! Like we have anything in Point like that?! I did not tell Jay about it and he did not proceed to tell me that yes we have one in the Walmart that we frequent so often. Man, I’m not really that blind, am I?

From there, I did not say we needed to go to Walmart to pick up a few things and then to get a movie as well. I mean, for a $1 a day, who could go wrong?!

I am not keeping Ayden home from school today because he sounds completely fine and in fact is not still in bed at this current moment. Everything has to be completely okay if my child sleeps past 8am, right?

I am not worried that it might be a little worse than just a cold and sore throat. Strep anyone? I am not keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be better because Jay and I have a final at the same time and if Ayden is feeling as great as he is today we totally can take him to daycare and won’t have to worry about finding a sitter. All is perfect, right? Or not! Plus, if he isn’t any better by tomorrow, that totally means we don’t have to go to the doctor. Jay already brought up the option last night, but I told him we’d see how today goes. No use going in if it is JUST a cold! We will see how today goes!

I am not sitting here writing my Not Me’s when I should be getting a start on my studying because my child is STILL sleeping!

Okay, maybe I should get going… What did you NOT DO this past week?!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

2 comments:

LucieP said...

oh hope he is OK!

Red box is great girl! They are at McDonalds too!

Good luck on your finals...!

Yesterday, as soon as I laid the baby down for his nap, I dashed out of the house ALONE to run an errand and cranked up a CD as loud as I could and jammed...it was great therapy!

amanda said...

hope ayden feels better soon. better now then christmas? i want to go to tundra lodge sometime too. sounds like lots of fun. and hu hot. oh i want to go there SO BAD! i am so jealous.