Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Testy Tuesday…

I had a test today that I really didn't study for last night, but not for lack of trying, it was just not a good time to study. I mean seriously, who can concentrate on their Speech and Hearing Science information when Wentworth Miller is on the TV screen? Definitely not me! Maybe I should have studied before Prison Break came on, and well I tried, but I wasn't really in the mood, and knowing that I was going to get together with the girls in the morning to study for an hour before the test only made me not study even more. When it came down to the test, I think I did okay. Some of the questions shouldn't have been on there because they referred to the data that was on the last test and we were obviously already tested on that (and were not told it would be on this test as well) and some of the questions were really vague and she didn't state clearly what she meant. I guess we will have to wait and see how I did... Don't know what she is going to test us on for the final though because we only have four class periods left and she has a tendency not to get very far with the material. Good and bad I guess. Anyways, I have done really well on the last tests that we've taken so I am not overly worried about my grade in that class. Some of my friends were freaking out though. I have to tell you that we had a great time studying together, like always. We always have a good laugh, and a few new people joined us today as well and it was fun! Made my Tuesday, that's for sure.

Today is the last class of swimming lessons for Ayden. He is really excited to go, he really loves it now and I think he will be sad that it is over. Definitely going to have to get him in the pool more often. Bring on JT and Kelsey. I think that Ayden thinks we are going right after daycare though, which isn't the case. We have two hours between the time that I pick him up and the time that we have to leave for swimming. Last week he was so anxious to go that he kept asking like every five minutes if it was time to go. Finally I had to set the timer and told him that when it went off it would be time to go. That only helped for about the first five minutes. Anxious little boys, what can you do? At least he is not screaming and crying when we take him and he doesn't want to do it. I've seen some little kids like that. For being as shy as he usually his, he warmed up really well to that class and teacher, but she is really super great with the kids as well.

I FINALLY got my garage back! Jay took the boat home, but I don't think that he took it to the barn yet. His dad said that he would take care of that for him. Our cousin's (because Jay and I are both related to each one) are nice enough to let Jay store his friend's boat (JT) in their barn/haymow (whatever you want to call it) for the winter which is really great of them. Really not our problem if they wouldn't let us because it is not our boat, but in any case, THANKS AMANDA AND SHAUN!!! However, just because I can now park my car in the garage, doesn't mean it is any cleaner than it was before or I have any more room. Actually, it is a tight squeeze because of all the junk laying around that Jay has yet to clean up. I think he said today that he was going to work on it, but I could probably call him right now and find him on the computer. I don't know, as long as it gets cleaned in the next few weeks I guess I will be okay with it. Just too bad that he had to wait until it got cold out to clean it. I am not going to wait until it gets nice out to get a nice clean garage back. Besides, we have Christmas bins out there that we need to bring in when we decorate our tree/house.

Speaking of Christmas, Jay was talking about finding some place that will let us cut down our own Christmas tree this year. I am all for it I guess. I found two places, but one of them was kind of pricey and I find it hard to pay $45 for a Christmas tree. Last year I think we paid $20 or $25 and actually it was the perfect tree for our place and the perfect size. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas, lol! Maybe weather wise, but I haven't felt inspired to get out my decorations yet. Maybe this weekend since we are not doing anything.

Next weekend I am going to Green Bay to visit with one of my best friends. We haven't actually seen each other since Ayden's birthday party and that was right after we got over a disagreement with each other and because I was hosting the party we really didn't get to talk all that much. Oh wait, I might have seen her one time shortly after that as well. Cannot remember... anyways, we are both in need of a girls weekend. She wants to go out to the bars... fine with me, but she will be the only one drinking. First off, not my thing and/or scene, and secondly, cannot really afford expensive bar drinks when it is Christmas time. But I will go along to hang out and talk. We can pretty much talk anywhere, and even though she drinks from time to time, she doesn't get wasted. Everyone has different views and I respect that... although, from when I talked to her last, it might not just be a girls weekend as she has started 'seeing' someone new. I use seeing lightly though because they aren't exactly an item. This particular guy wants to see me, and I am totally okay with this because he used to be an old great friend of mine whom I would love to see as well and catch up with. Besides, I can tell him anything I would tell Niki anyways so it would be nice for all of us to hang out. Just need to get away for a little while and be with some friends. Jay got his hunting time, I will get some away time. Not that it needs to be like that though.

So I lied, this week wasn’t the last week of swimming lessons. It’s later in the day by the way… We got to lessons tonight and found out that there is another week next week. Glad I am so on top of things, right? Tonight Ayden floated on his back ALL BY HIMSELF!!! He was in the deep end with his instructor and she was waving her arms up in the air and there was my big boy, floating on his back like it was the easiest thing in the world. I was so proud of him! It was great to see! And once again, he was all for jumping right in and putting his head in. He just loves lessons so I am glad that there is yet another week!

I had a bowl of ice cream for supper tonight. Totally chocolately and fattening, but I didn’t feel like cooking anything else and wasn’t really hungry for anything else either and Ayden had a sandwich and apple for supper so what else what I supposed to make? Have I ever mentioned how much I love to cook and I didn’t see Jay hopping off the couch to offer to make anything either. Stupid head had half the day off because his afternoon class was cancelled. He did clean out the garage though which was a very pleasant surprise when I got home from school. I didn’t actually think he was going to do it without me having to get on his case about it.

I finished up some clinic stuff tonight. Just need to print it off for our meeting on Thursday and sign up for a meeting with my supervisor to get everything else finalized. I’m thinking that that will be on Friday. Half way through the week tomorrow and because my morning class is cancelled, that means I get to sleep in! YEAH! Like an extra hour too which is really great because I hate getting up early in the morning.

By the way, those of you who haven’t happened here from MckMama’s and don’t already know about the awesome raffle/fundraiser thing she has going on right now… you should seriously go check out her site (she is much better at explaining it)… you can even enter to win a super great prize, plus all the proceeds go to a GREAT cause! Check it out… click HERE and you can learn about all it’s awesomeness!!! Do it… RIGHT NOW! Yes, I understand, I am being demanding… but it will be worth it!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

agk11808 said...

um...correct me if i am worng but didn't you just get a new camera...for what reason are you entering the contest!?!? haha just kidding amanda did the same thing.... then if either one of you win, i get your old cameras.... DEAL yay for me!
Amy fricken Kolbe