Wednesday, December 31, 2008

‘Wii’ Joined the Masses…

Haha, get it? We got a Wii! I am not as excited about it as Jay is, but I’m okay with it. I had kind of given up on getting one since EVERY store that we had visited was out. Besides, it wasn’t really my top priority either because after all, it was just Christmas last week. Early this afternoon Jay called Walmart to see if they had gotten any in and wouldn’t you know it, they just got a shipment of six in… off Jay was to go and get one. Well, first he okayed it with me and I pretty much was like, you decide. He jumped at the bit and we are now proud owners of a Wii! We just got the game console and the Wii Sports game that came with it. I told Jay to look around for Mario Kart, but of course EVERYONE was sold out of those too. He also said that he looked for Wii Fit, but of course EVERYONE was sold out of those too.

I’m pleasantly surprised at how much I like it though. I have only played it once before this at a family function last year (was it last year, have they been out that long?) and it was bowling and I really didn’t get into it. Also, I was worried that Ayden would be a little too young to play it and it wouldn’t be worth the money. Having had it for only a few hours I cannot say we have gotten our moneys worth yet, but Ayden definitely LOVES it! He is really good at the golfing one and boxing one. Just take a look below!

Jay LOVES it all and is giddy with delight that we finally have one. I would have rather used the money we got for Christmas in a different way, but that is okay… I am getting better at the bowling and have tried boxing and golfing. It’s sad to admit, but Ayden is totally better than me in boxing. Who knows when we will get anymore games, but this is suffice for now.

It has been a rather lax day besides the excitement of getting the Wii. I finished my sixth book and have started the seventh one… only about 30 pages into it though because I wasn’t really in the mood to read anymore.

Ayden didn’t nap today. We will see in about an hour or two if that was a good thing or not. We took about a 15 minute ‘rest’ on the couch while I was updating the pictures on our refrigerator (happens about once a year). Might just warrant an early bed time… but other than that, he has been a really good boy today!

We all get to stay home and sleep in tomorrow! Well hopefully ALL of us, pending no snow. Jay was working all of last night. He worked from about 10-4:30pm yesterday and then they went out again around midnight and got home around 7am. He slept until noon and then Ayden and I woke him up. He will probably not be tired too early tonight, but that is okay. Shouldn’t mess with his schedule too bad.

I made some super yummy chocolate chunk cookies this afternoon as well because I was totally craving some sort of junk food and what we have at our house just was not cutting it. They turned out pretty good too, despite the fact that Jay and I both had our fair share of the dough before it was an actual cookie. Wait, I would never do that!

Jay’s family might be coming up tomorrow and for the most part my house is pretty clean. Not that I need it clean for them to come, but I am sort of like that. Don’t need people seeing how messy we can get. Actually, if you caught any of the surroundings in that little video of Ayden you will notice toys ALL over the floor! But the living room is really the only bad place. I got most of the kitchen/dining room clean earlier today and put stuff away.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

amanda said...

congrats on the wii! 'wii' love it! :0) and i've looked all over for the wii fit..cannot find it!