Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Diagnosis Is…

Otitis Media… (like my use of an awesome audiological term) and for the people out there who in the off chance do not know what that is… it means ear infection!

Yes, that is right, Ayden has an ear infection and after repeated asking by me in the past two days if his ears hurt I always got an answer of no.

Here goes today… Ayden was feeling a little better this morning so we decided to try and send him to school. He was definitely in a better mood when he woke up and even asked for his vitamins and chocolate milk. And then I let him after a popsicle because I am a great mommy like that and popsicles do help sore throats. I had to leave before Jay took him to school, but I asked Jay to see if he could get Ayden to eat anything before taking him because Ayden didn't eat anything for supper last night and would most likely miss morning snack by the time that he got to school. Ayden is at school for about 3 1/2 hours and then Jay gets a call to come and pick him up… they think he might have strep throat. Ah, that is just great, Jay and I had a test at the same time today, what were we going to do?

Luckily, Jay’s friend’s girlfriend (who lives right down the road) was able to watch Ayden during our tests. And Ayden knew her so that made it better. Thankfully that worked out pretty good.

A late doctor’s appointment today got us with no strep throat, a pretty bad cold which led to the ear infection and pretty swollen tonsils. I’m hoping that at his two week check up his tonsils will have gone down so we don’t need to consider anything further like a tonsillectomy. But I won’t get ahead of myself.

Pharmacies are closed and thus we will not be able to fill his prescription until tomorrow morning. I’m hoping that his ear doesn’t decide to start bother him tonight because that would drastically suck. Actually, I’m guessing that if it did, it would be because it is about to burst and burst ear drums hurt when they happen! Run into the pharmacy in the morning to get his medicine and get him better asap! Needless to say, going to keep him home from daycare tomorrow.

So, because my lovely sick son would not eat anything today and hadn’t eaten since yesterday afternoon, I made Jay tell Ayden that if he didn’t eat/drink something that he was going to end up having to stay at the doctor’s over night. Maybe not the brightest idea in the book, but he was vehemently refusing to eat or drink anything and in hindsight, he would have ended up in the hospital sooner or later because of dehydration. So I wasn’t really lying to him… was it a little harsh, maybe… but it got him to eat and when it comes to his wellbeing, just about anything goes. Last thing I want is to see him hooked up to an IV in the hospital. I know moms whose children have been in the hospital and I’m positive they didn’t enjoy the whole experience. In any case, seems like we are on the track to getting healthy again. Does a little boy running around chasing the cat signify someone feeling a little better? I’m thinking so!

Bummer... I didn't win the raffle way going on at MckMama's... but congrats goes out to Sharon M. who won with lucky number 68! I'm sure she is itching to get her hands on the prize package... Okay, enough being bummed, did you see the amount of money that was raised?! Seriously, it was almost like $19,000!!! That is awesome for the short time that the raffle way was going on. AMAZING!!!

BRRR!!! It is really super cold out AGAIN! Not as cold as yesterday, well maybe, but the wind doesn't seem as bad today which I can deal with. I am on campus from 8am thru almost 5pm today! That is a long time. A little bit of work, a little bit of an exam, a lot a bit of studying, and then a two hour jeopardy game. I will most definitely let you know how that goes. I'm so cold that I am not even typing right! I hate cold fingers!

Well, it is after my jeopardy game and I’ve gotta tell you… it definitely didn’t last the full two hours which I was happy for! It lasted for about an hour and a half. I ended up with a pretty decent group for which I was thankful for as well. I won’t know my final grade for a day or two yet. I was a little peeved though because a group of us studied for about an hour and a half and like none of it was on the test. Crazy teacher! We had fun studying though, always do! My other final went pretty well today as well. Nothing super easy, but not super hard either. One more on Thursday later in the afternoon. Will start studying for that one tomorrow. Tonight is a no brain night…

I had a rough night on Sunday night... lots of thoughts and emotions going through my head, but I'm happy to say that yesterday and today (so far) have been going really good. I've sort of settled on a track that I want to take for the next couple of weeks and I'm hoping that they go good. The holidays will keep me busy and my mind off of other things like I want to happen. I know, it's probably not good to just bury things deep inside. Rest assure though, that this has nothing to do with my current relationship with Jay. Well, I sort of take that back, it kind of does, but not in the aspect that we need to discuss anything. Right now, Jay and I are doing pretty good. I'm happy with where we are and I'm pretty sure he is too. We are both excited about celebrating another Christmas with our families and are thankful for the time we have with them. Not everyone is as fortunate as we are in all areas of life. I can only be grateful that we have what we have.

I’m thinking maybe I could wrap some presents tonight, but not really feeling it. Found out that Jay has his first wrestling meet to ref for on Saturday. Went out and bought some shoes for it tonight. Spent enough on them, but what he will make on Saturday will cover the cost of them plus some. I guess that is okay. It is the first of six events that he has scheduled within the next month. I’m thinking that is a good thing, besides wrestling only goes until like the end of February and that is it. Better than nothing I guess. He will be making almost $500 total with all the meets he has so far scheduled and they are only middle school and/or JV meets. He is pretty excited as well. And I won’t have any school stuff to worry about so maybe if the weather is half way decent Ayden and I will trek outside to play. Hopefully he is feeling good enough to go to school on Thursday and Friday. We will see…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: