Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Swimming lessons, what?!

Can't believe I completely forgot about swimming lessons starting last night!!! I so completely forgot that I didn't even remember until I was half way to work this morning thinking about what a great week I was having and that it was sure to continue. Well of course then something had to pop into my head to take that greatness away, right? Ayden's swimming lessons started last night and he was a no show! It totally sucks that I forgot. I cannot even say we (as in Jay and myself) because he is a guy and he had no idea they even started this week. I did! I had just got done talking to my mom on the phone on Sunday (or maybe it was Monday) that Ayden would be starting them this week and that Jay was going to have to take him alone because I had a meeting at that time. I blame it on my meeting that I forgot because I left early and didn't really even think twice. No biggie though, we will just go next week. But of course there is a problem with that as well because remember I told you that I had a meeting with my group next week on Tuesday and that I thought maybe I would bring Ayden along because Jay has a wrestling meeting at that time as well?! Well, it just so happens that swimming lessons happens to fall directly into the meeting slot time that I had set up with my group. Guess I really won't be going to the group meeting... I won't miss two classes of swimming, especially when I paid $50 for them! At least he will not have one class cancelled because of Thanksgiving because he has them on Tuesday. Maybe that will make up for it... I just still cannot believe how it totally slipped my mind! I am usually so on top of things like that!

This weekend will be pretty busy for us. Well maybe not uber busy, but at least we won't be home for most of it. We/I haven't gone home for an entire weekend in a LONG time! We haven't decided if we are leaving Friday night or early Saturday morning. It depends on how late Jay has to work on Friday. He said that they were going to be working late today which is fine if that means they will get done on time on Friday. I would preferably want to leave on Friday because then I don't have to get up any earlier than necessary on Saturday morning. Originally we weren't going to leave until later Saturday sometime, but my mom started a new job this week and has stupid hours for the weekend. Despite what she thinks about it, I think she will often end up with stupid hours on the weekend. Of course she wants the hours because that was the whole reason for taking another job, but unfortunately that is the way many retail places work. Watch her get some stupid hours over Christmas as well. That would totally suck, but what can you do. Extra money, what she wants right about now. I kind of feel bad for her because here she is working 40 hours at her regular job, giving plasma (for those of you who don't know, you get money for this as well, sometimes up to $60 a week, if you are able to donate twice), and now working another 16 or so hours at Walmart... all while her husband (Jim) has a job that he works at for about 6-10 hours a week! I work more than that!!! And I go to school full time (class wise, definitely not 40 hours/week, more like 10 hours of class time, 3 hours of clinic), do all of that extra work outside of class and am raising a four year old. You would think he would find something else that would give him more hours or at least a second job. I just don't know... over the years I've grown to accept the guy and even like him, but this is definitley something that he hasn't worked on and really should have been. Okay, but enough about that, back to my weekend...

We are going to go by my mom's on Saturday morning to hang out with her for a while because we were supposed to go last weekend and that didn't pan out and she hasn't seen Ayden in a while either. You know, those grandparents always say that they want to see you, but it’s really the grand babies that they are after, lol! I think we will probably spend the rest of Saturday at Jay’s parents house. I will allow Jay to go and get some hunting done. Funny how I say, allow, right? He’s of his own free will and volition to do what he wants, but he’d have to pay the ‘consequences’ if I didn’t want him to go, lol! I will probably work on a LITTLE bit of homework because well I never really get any real homework done while we go home on the weekends anyways. Then on Sunday we are going by my dad’s house for a little while and then hopefully going trick or treating with Wendy and Alexis. Well, we are going either way, I hope that they decide to come this year. Wendy said she was bringing Alexis last year and we all know how that turned out. In any case, no matter what it will be fun! And after that, it’s our ride back to Point!

Next weekend in my cousin’s wedding!!! If you haven’t already, you can check out her blog at http://agk11808.blogspot.com! I am excited, first because I get to skip class on Friday. Now about a year and a half ago I would have thought, skipping class, yeah I do it all the time (and I probably did more than my fair share of it) but since then I attend class ALL the time, even if I don’t want to! After getting close with my friends, I developed this thing called guilt when I would skip a class. So to be able to skip two classes and not have any guilt about it because I will actually be doing something will be kind of nice. I even have to say that we’ve been lucky (knock on wood) and Ayden hasn’t really been sick in the past year where we’ve had to take a day off or what not. And if he has been it’s always worked with our schedules really nice. So I cannot wait until next Friday! I am supposed to have a short essay due that day, but because we are behind in that class I’m thinking the teacher might push it back, and if not, I will just turn it in a day early. All is well!

Jay has to work late tonight… kind of a bummer, but nothing we can do about it. Just deal I guess. Ayden and I played with his geo traks and colored dinosaur pictures. I just marvel at some of the things that come out of his mouth. He is so smart! Takes after his mommy, lol! I have a test to study for tomorrow, but I am not too worried about it. The last one in this class was not all that hard and this one has all that much less material to remember. I also have clinic bright and early. I’m not getting my hopes up about my client not showing. Part of me thinks that they will and another part just wishes they would call ahead of time to let me know so I wouldn’t have to get it all set up and take it down all again. Oh well… either way it’s already Thursday tomorrow and that means only one more day and another week is OVER! Where does the time go, seriously!!!

Tomorrow night shouldn’t be too bad. If I have clinic tomorrow then I will have to do my self eval and another lesson plan, but that altogether should only take about 45 minutes and then the rest of the night will be mine to enjoy Greys and ER! And really the only thing I HAVE to work on over the weekend is my diseases class paper and I just have one part of that. Should be a good end to the week to a good week! But speaking of my lesson plan and self eval… I turned in my lesson plan for tomorrow at 8am this morning and when I went to go pick it up at 2pm, it was still in the ‘in’ box. I was mildly peeved, but I guess that my supervisor was just busy today. Oh well, I don’t really need it for my session tomorrow. Oh, I was going to work on some language sample stuff tomorrow too. But that is pretty much just rewriting some stuff onto another sheet.

Okay, enough for now… CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: