Sunday, October 26, 2008

10am…

…is precisely the time that I got up this morning. 10am is the latest that I have slept in a million bazillion years, or at least since having Ayden and not going to bed past 10pm. I woke up this morning and looked at the clock thinking it would be like 8:30am or 9ish, but it was 9:59am. I was actually kind of disappointed because there went my morning hours, not that I would have actually accomplished anything, but in the event that I might have, there went the time, lol!

It was nice to be able to sleep in with no worries, actually it was nice to have a weekend without really any worries as well. My boys got home today around 3:30pm which was earlier than I had expected, but also good because then I got to spend some time with them before it was bed time or later. Ayden is currently taking a bath.

We carved our other two pumpkins today. Its safe to say that I am not a pumpkin carving goddess or anything because mine never turn out as perfect as Jay’s. We had fun though and Ayden even joined in. It was a good time.

The rest of my day (before the boys got home) was spent doing some actual work. I admit that I did watch a handful of shows on TV and did a lot of relaxing, but I also finished a powerpoint presentation for a class. I saved all my grad school applications (didn’t fill anything out on them yet). I got my stuff ready for clinic tomorrow. I got the rest of my school stuff in order. I did not make the bed, lol. And I got Ayden’s pictures in envelopes that are now addressed and ready to be mailed tomorrow to their respectful recipients. So, obviously not a whole lot, but more than I originally had planned. I need to do a little bit of studying tonight (test on Tuesday and Thursday). The plan for the week (since the only things I really have to worry about is clinic stuff) is to get a start on my grad applications, my personal statement for that, and the folders for my recommendation letters. I think I have a bit to do for my progress report, but that shouldn’t be too bad either.

I think I might also meet with the clinic director about next semester and the audiology practicum. I have a meeting Tuesday night with my supervisor to watch my taped self eval (which I am dreading because I HATE watching myself on tape) and to discuss my grade (which I will be picking up tomorrow- so nervous about that!). The meeting is scheduled to take about an hour and a half, ugh, an hour and a half conference with my supervisor?! Hopefully it goes well!

Speaking of that, I need to schedule a conference pretty soon with my client’s parents to discuss his progress over the semester, which unfortunately has been pretty slow because we’ve only about about 5 sessions now. Five sessions… when everyone else is on like 12-14! That’s okay though, I guess. Here’s my logic… it was meant to be this way because I am not going into speech, so I was supposed to get this client so it would give me some experience with it, but not too much because it will not be my focus. Everything happens for a reason, right?! I think so!

So, tomorrow is Monday, and clinic time! I’m thinking that the client might show up both times this week because in the past two weeks they have missed one of the two sessions. Good thing maybe. We’ll see. Also, it’s my busiest day because I am go go go from the minute I get there to the minute that I leave. Class, clinic, class, meeting, and then work. Actually, every day that I am at school I am go go go because I’m either at work or class.

I cannot wait until next semester when I will only have to be on campus three days of the week!!! Tuesdays and Thursdays will be just work for the time that Ayden is at ‘school’. And then we will be home for the rest of the day. It will be kind of nice because then he will be taking a nap at home during the afternoon and making the afternoon go a little faster. Actually, during that time I can either sleep as well (even though naps only make me not sleep at night) or work on my online class. I hope that that goes well! I’m kind of nervous about it because the friend that was going to take it with me doesn’t know if she will because she is taking more credits and it will cost more for her.

Jay is cleaning the kitchen and sweeping the floor… reason for this… I asked him too/pretty much told him that his chances of having any ‘fun’ tonight ride on whether or not he does that stuff. Sad, I know, but apparently he’s desperate because there is no way he’d do this without me giving some incentive. I wonder if I can add on the task of cleaning the toilet to the list as well. OMG! He’s swiffering as well!!! I didn’t ask for that, but my guess is that he’s just trying to be extra nice. And my 10am wake up time is not going to work with an excuse of I’m too tired tonight. My apologies if this is TMI… okay not really, you choose to read, you’ll deal, lol!

G’night and have a good Monday!!! Be sure to check MckMama’s blog tomorrow for a good dose of Not Me’s! Can be found at mycharmingkids.net! I guess I should say, I hope she posts…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: