Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gone but not forgotten...

...I regret to inform my fellow readers that Jim was unable to 'save' my computer... (insert HUGE frowny face here). I recieved the call this afternoon that my hardrive was D...E...A...D! Jim put it in his little testing thingy and it would not even register it, which in the long run means that he was unable to save any of my files. I am mildy down about that, but am looking to the fact that everything happens for a reason and will not let this little mistep control my attitude about other things. There is now reason why I should expend energy complaining about it when there is nothing that cannot be done. And on the bright side, I recently uploaded all of the scrapbooking pictures that I have done to my facebook albums so all of those hours are not wasted. I was pleasantly surprised when I rememered that. The one downside I think about is a lot of the little extras that I had on there, such as, pictures of friends that I will not be able to get back, scanned pictures, other miscellaneous files from at my mom's network, but I shall move forward... Also, Jim said that he could order a new and better hardrive for me for about $70 and could 'rebuild' my computer and it will be better than new for the next couple of years. I suppose in the long run this helps because I get a whole 'new' computer for less than $100. Of course it will not be as good as buying a new laptop, but it is definitely a save on money and now I will probably not have to buy a new one for another couple of years. That means if I can keep this one until I get my doctorate maybe I can get my mom to buy me a new one because I will then be a doctor. Lol, when I told her this, she said that since I will be a doctor that I will be making the money and should buy her a new computer. But in reality, just because I will be able to be called Dr. Schwobe, I will not be making six figures. The label 'Dr' does not automatically assume richness! Now maybe in a couple of years audiologist will be really in the need and I could be making that, but it doesn't matter to me. As long as we can make ends meet, support our family, pay off student loans, and live with a little extra here and there I will be happy. I don't need the hunderds of thousands of dollars (although, don't get me wrong, it WOULD be nice) to be happy. I just need to be able to pay bills and go out to eat at Arby's every now and then, lol! So that's the story, my poor computer soul is gone, and I will be getting a new and fixed one hopefully by next weekend. One more week without my lovely laptop...

I finished my lesson plan for Tuesday. I hope that it is good enough. I've been having some issues with thinking that they are good enough lately, but I just don't know. I am supposed to be taping my session on Monday and then reviewing it. Another thing that I have to find time to do, but I think I might just take Ayden with me and bring some toys and he can play in the room while I am watching the video tape because we cannot take the tapes off campus. And well I don't particularily like watching or hearing myself on TV. Just weird I guess...

Final Destination 3 is about to start so I am going to go get my backpack in order for tomorrow and go watch that. Hope all my blogger buddies had a great weekend!!!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: