Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Feeling Frustrated and Overwhelmed…

Sitting at work with a million and one potential things to do, but not until my boss actually gets those things to me. I have eight packets of material to get together for ETP clients, however, I cannot get these packets together until I know what kind of materials it is that I am supposed to be gathering. And wouldn't you know it, my boss has not done that yet so what does that leave me with- a whole lot of nothing! I have all of the files together and some potential material that I think I am going to need. I have SO much stuff that I could be doing at home with the extra time that I am doing nothing here at work. However, I could use the extra money and if they are going to pay me to sit around for a little while, so be it.

Tonight I have to do some data evaluation, a self evaluation, and write up my new shortened lesson plan, study for a test (ie: write up the study guide that I get to use on the test tomorrow) and possibly start working on a paper/article review that I have due on Thursday. And this isn't even taking into account all the work I did last night that I wasn't going to do. I wrote a paper last night that is due on Thursday, started my presentation for my diseases class (although that could have waited because it's not due until almost the end of the semester) and finished up the worksheets I had for another class. Really all I want to do is crawl into bed and go to sleep, well maybe eat something first and then go to sleep. And tomorrow night isn't any less busy. Finish up and/or start two papers. Thursday night, data eval, self eval, lesson plan. So much to do, so little time!

Along with this I have therapy and a progress report to do another draft of. I don't know when it is going to stop?! However, I did find out some good news today. There is a class that I am required to take, well one of three, and one just happens to be offered online. My friend, Kristi, asked if I knew about it and I didn't. After looking more into it, I am definitely considering taking it online instead of one of the inclass ones. Less hours I need to be at school the better because of the additional costs we are paying for daycare now that our assistance as run up. Also, I need three more credits after that class and I found a juvinelle delinquency class that is offered on Wednesday nights. It is from 5-7:30pm. That would work out pretty nice as well because then Jay would just have to be home by 4:30 from work and I could go to class. Even less hours Ayden will need to be at daycare. That would mean I would have only one class during the day, M,W,F from 11-11:50am. On Tuesdays and Thursday Ayden would only have to go to daycare for school (no additional costs there) and hopefully that would be in the afternoon. Of course I would need to try and fit clinic in there somewhere, but I need to talk to the clinic director first about the audiology practicum. Hopefully things are looking up and Ayden will only have to be at actual daycare for just a few hours per week. I still need to see if he can be moved to the afternoon class though.

Tonight- not having a very good night here. My afternoon was okay to say the least, although I haven’t done much besides sit on my computer and do work and fret over an exam that I have tomorrow. I feel like I haven’t studied for it at all (well I really haven’t), but I don’t know what to study. The professor gave us the essay questions that he is going to choose from for the test. He gave us 5, and is going to put two of them on the tests. Fine and dandy, actually pretty nice of the guy, here’s the problem, I don’t even understand the questions in the first place so how am I supposed to do good on them?! Argh!

Add in extra clinic work that I’ve been doing and still don’t have all the way complete and my brain cannot handle anymore. I’ve been snippy with Ayden even though I don’t mean to be. I’ve been ignoring Jay. I’ve just been in a slumpy dumpy, pissy mood. I got my period today, can I blame it on PMS? That’d be nice, but I know I’m just having an off day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, we’ll see how my test goes.

Add in another dilemma and we can call it a night, right? I received an email today from one of my professors with a flyer attached for this AWESOME scholarship opportunity for incoming graduate students who want to specialize in the area of pediatric or educational audiology. Well, I want to do pediatric audiology and started reading the flyer and was getting all excited, until I got to the part about it being in Pittsburgh!!! Here is this great opportunity for me to apply to a school that will emphasis in my area of study and it’s on the east coast. Do I apply to the school and go for the opportunity? Jay will have one semester left here and there is no way I’d go to Pittsburgh without Ayden, but if I got in could I take Ayden from Jay for a semester? Not only that, but when I told Jay about it, he was not supportive of it at all. He was all like, I’m not moving there, we already don’t see our family enough, we would never see them then, blah blah blah. Shouldn’t he be supportive of something like that if the opportunity arose? FREE education!!! I know I’m getting way ahead of myself, but should I really think about applying for this school or is it a lost cause because I have a child and a boyfriend? Blogger buddies, I’m asking for some advice here!!!

Okay, enough for now, back to my studies! CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: