Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For lack of a better title… It’s Tuesday!

I had a partner test today in my psych class. Partner testing... hmm? I am not really for it, but we will see how my grade ends up being. Here's the thing, you need to collaborate on your answers and that is not always so easy. As I don't like being authoritative it is hard for me to 'make' the other person think that my answer is correct. The partner that I had did really well on the first test and so I knew that she was capable of doing very well on this test too. It made me a little more confident in our testing abilities. So, the test was moving along quite nicely and we get to the last page which had about four short answer questions and then I happened to look at the clock and we only had 10 MINUTES LEFT! Talk about making me want to rush through the last four questions to get them done before the time period ran up. Overall, I think we probably did pretty well on the test. I looked up a few answers that we had questions on after we handed in the test and our answers were right. I’m feeling pretty confident about it.

It was discussed in another class of mine that we were going to have our test on Thursday as planned. Good because we don’t have a lot of material to study for the test… bad because it is just one more test that I need to study for this week. However, I guess that that is okay because I don’t have a lot of other stuff going on this week. I am meeting up with Kristi and maybe Leah tomorrow afternoon to study. Well probably more to chit chat, but we will get some studying in. Always do, plus it is nice to just hang out every now and then outside of class. I really miss our girl time this semester. Even though I’ve said it like a million times already.

I had my conference with my supervisor tonight. It got started a half hour late because she was at a parent teacher conference that took longer than expected, which was fine by me. Always good to have a parent that is interested in their child’s progress and wants to ask questions. In any case, the conference went well and I got good remarks. I left feeling a lot more comfortable about the whole client/clinician thing and got a lot of positive feedback from my supervisor. Plus, I got it over with which is good as well.

I have a meeting with the clinic director on Thursday to discuss the audiology practicum. Nervous about how that is going to go, but also hopeful. My supervisor told me tonight that she had already talked to the clinic director about me and how smart I am and how thankful she was to receive me as a student and the clinic director told her that she already knew that I was smart. That made me feel really good as I am sure that the clinic director will have some input as to whether I get into grad school here and whether or not they would/will see me as an asset to the program. Just kind of a highlight to my Tuesday. This week seems to be going pretty good.

Jay made chili for supper tonight… A FIRST!!! I don’t particularly like chili, but this was okay. It filled me up, but I was pretty hungry to begin with, lol! I will probably eat some of the left overs as well. Always good to have those for my late lunch when I get home during the week.

It’s been SO COLD out these past days. I cannot wait until Thursday when it is supposed to warm up some. Of course it is bound to get cold again, but I could use a few extra ‘warmer’ days, as I am sure many people would agree with me as well.

Ayden gets to wear his fireman costume to daycare tomorrow. He is super excited for that. Today was hat and shades day and he had fun wearing his superman hat and thomas the train shades to daycare. I like when they have fun days like that.

It’s time to go read Ayden his bed time story. I love this time of the day! Special mommy and Ayden or daddy and Ayden bonding time. And Ayden is at that age where he really likes being read to. I’m so happy that he loves books/reading because his mommy is a readaholic and would read all day long if she had the time and had a good book! I cannot wait until the end of the semester when I can get a good book or two or three read!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: