Friday, October 10, 2008

Should have slept in...

Jack- because I have a class that is cancelled today that leaves me an extra hour to work this afternoon. And that technically means if I wasn't going to work over my usual hours, I could have slept in this morning and had Jay take Ayden to daycare, but no, I decided that I would go to work at my usual time at 8am and work the extra hour. I know, I'm so dedicated to my job... but seriously, I do really love it and the people that I work with and feel really blessed to have come into it and have been able to work as long as I have there and for them to not want me to leave. But back to my point, I get to work this morning and am about to enter, when I find that the door was locked. Cannot get in! This is unusual for this time of the day as the office technically opens at 7:30am. I decided that I would go down stairs to the customer service office and see if I could get the key from the recepionist, but to my surprise, she is not there either. Instead of waiting around for someone to show up, I decided to go find a computer lab and catch up on my blogging from last night. And it's not as if I'm actually missing out on any work either, because I do have that extra hour this afternoon. But I did miss out on an extra hour of sleep that I could have had...

We have a guest speaker in my Abnormal Psych class today. I am excited about it... it is a war verteran that is going to talk to talk to us about his post traumatic stress after coming back from Iraq. I am pretty interested to hear what he has to say. We only hear what is going on through the news (okay, so I only hear that) I'm sure the family members of our veterans hear much much more. But I'm curious as to hear more of the 'real' story. I have a friend who was over there twice (I believe) but he won't really talk about it. But I don't think I've ever sat down and grilled him with questions either.

It's Friday today and I am really happy! Tomorrow we have soccer and the weather is supposed to be great! And Jay's parents are coming up to watch Ayden and just maybe taking Ayden home with them for a night. Ayden has literally been begging to go to Grandma Michele's house for the last week or so. He thinks that if he puts this adorable smile on this face and asks really nice over and over that we will go. I hate telling him that we cannot go because she lives too far away and we do not have the time to during the week. That, and he doesn't really understand that fact. So, Jay's mom suggested that maybe he come home with them for Saturday night and we can pick him up on Sunday and then Jay can help take his grandparent's pier out. We also thought that it might be a good idea because next Saturday night Ayden is going to be spending with Jay's aunt Sam and we want Ayden to be excited about it and willing to go versus not wanting to go. We think that maybe if he gets this 'I want to go to Grandma Michele's house' out of the way this week he will be more apt to want to go with Sam next week. Who knows? And he hasn't been at Jay's parents since early August. Not that we haven't seen them since then, just haven't spent any time at their house. And well if I can get a night alone go work on some homework, more power to them.

I probably won't be going home with Jay to pick up Ayden on Sunday though. I will get stuck watching Ayden while they are taking the pier out and that is never fun by the water and what not. I can get more work done while at home. Not that I don't want to see him earlier, but with all that I have to get done, the little bit of extra free time would be nice.

I watched Grey's and ER last night and both were really good! I wasn't planning on it, but I was tired and got my lesson plan done early so we chilled after Ayden went to bed. Well, okay I chilled and Jay was on his computer. I'm still feeling pretty lost without mine right now. It's not the same sitting down to blog at Jay's computer... it doesn't move! And I usually like to sit down at the end of the night in the rocking chair or on the bed to blog, but no can do with his. It is going home tomorrow so hopefully Jim can fix it. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: