Sunday, October 12, 2008

What else could I have done?

Jack... home alone right now and I'm kind of liking it. I could sick and watch movies on dish all afternoon long, but then I wouldn't be getting any of my homework done, now would it? I've been working on my lesson plan and language sample for the past 40 minutes so I thought it was time for a break, that and then some lunch. Jay is on his way to his parent's house to pick up Ayden and help take his grandparents pier out. I decided to stay home so I would have a chance to get some work done in piece and quiet, seeing I didn't do anything yesterday afternoon after Jay's mom left with Ayden. Well, I take that back... Jay and I did do a lot. First we went to a costume store in Wausau to see if we could find a costume for Ayden for Halloween and we did! He is going to be a fireman for Halloween and he is really excited about it. I cannot wait for him to get home and to try the costume on. They even have a little Halloween party at daycare for the kiddos. I still need to talk to my sister to find a good time for her to go trick or treating, well that and to see when Chilton is actually having theres. I'm sure I could find it somewhere or ask my dad or Jay's mom. They would probably know.

After Wausau, which only took about an hour and a half, we decided that we would take our comforter to the laundry mat and wash it. It is way too big for our wash machine in our apartment (the quilt is a king size) and so off we went. I was nervous to wash it because it is a down quilt and even though I got it on sale, I didn't want to wreck it. We stayed the half hour at the laundry mat while the machine was washing it and then put it in the dryer for an hour and came home. At home I did more laundry and some cleaning. Back at the laundry mat to see how wet our quilt was yet (we had to use low heat so as not to wreck the quilt) and it was still moderately wet. Another hour in the dryer and Jay and I went to KMart to look at duvet covers for it. We decided to stop at KMart first because they were closest. The cheapest one was $80 (more than I paid for the quilt!) so we decided to check out Target and then Walmart to see if we could find one for cheaper. We found one at Target for $25!!! The main reason behind the duvet cover is so that we only have to wash that when the quilt gets dirty and not the whole quilt. I read that it isn't good to wash your down quilts too much so this will hopefully help save on the washing of if. After Target we stopped at Taco Bell for supper. I needed a Fruitista! They are so yummy! And so are the tacos and cinnamon twists! Good supper and then we headed back the laundry mat to pick up our quilt and head home! By this time it was almost 6pm! After that I pretty much relaxed on the couch and chilled for the rest of the night. Jay was on the computer playing his game and I was channel surfing missing my computer!

The first half of our day was pretty busy as well. It was homecoming week/weekend for UWSP this past week so we went to our first homecoming parade. Nothing to get excited about, but it was okay. Ayden got some candy and it got us out of the house earlier than waiting for soccer. That, and Landon from MTV's Real World (probably 5 or so seasons ago, for those of you who might know- and a few Real World/Road Rules Challenges) was the grand marshall of the parade. Since I missed out on the Adam Brody sighting, I can now say I've had a 'celebrity' sighting, lol! And because we were at the beginning of the parade route and the people were pretty sparse around us, he actually said good morning to us and asked us how we were. So not only did I get a sighting, but I got conversation as well. LOL! I know, I'm crazy, but it was neat.

We watched the parade and then hightailed it over to soccer and made it there just in time. Ayden played like a champ again and almost scored a goal again. Just can't seem to kick it in just right. Technically his team lost by two points, but that is okay because really who is keeping score, lol. Next week will be his last game and it is kind of bitter sweet because I know that he really enjoys it now!

Friday night my friend, Lee, called and the conversation did not go as planned. Not that I really had anything planned out. I let him carry the conversation and I wasn't really in all that good of a mood to begin with. And then about halfway through the conversation, I mean about a half hour into the conversation, we get cut off and I cannot manage to get ahold of him again which really sucked. And after that ensued quite the argument with Jay that ended with me texting Lee that I think we shouldn't talk for a while right now because I cannot handle the arguments that it leads to between Jay and myself. It hurt typing that message and I was almost crying afterwards... telling my best friend that we cannot talk until I can get things sorted out at home. Some might think that it was the right thing to do, I should put my family before anything else and really isn't that what I'm trying to do. But it was hard... I don't know what is going to happen. Jay and I were fine after our fight (usually happens that way) and I told him I just didn't want to discuss it anymore and I wanted things to be good between us and if this is what needed to be done for a while then so be it. I did tell him though that it probably wouldn't be a lasting thing, but in any case, I know (even though he hasn't come right out and told me) that he's happier than he lets on about my decision, even though I'm still pretty distraught over it. But what else could I have done? Maybe it was just building to this all along? I don't really know...

In any case, Jay and I have had a good rest of the weekend so that is great! CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: