Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Computer Is Sick!

And I thought today was going pretty good! Up until about 10 minutes ago it was. Okay, just because my computer totally will not start up anymore I am not going to let it ruin my day. Jay is off to Best Buy/Geek Squad to see what the heck happened and to see if it can be fixed and I'm using his computer right now. I swear, I didn't do anything! I was running a virus check, pick up my computer and brought it over to the couch so I could blog and watch The Pacifer at the same time. I sat down on the couch with it and the screen just went blue! I tried clicking, escape, etc to get something to come back, but nothing happened. Next best thing... power down and restart... did that and what comes up?! Something saying that I no longer have sufficient memory on my computer. Ugh! Jay tried a few things with his limited computer knowledge, but nothing worked, so off to Geek Squad it is. I told him that he best not call me from there saying that I need a new computer because despite the fact that we could maybe fit it into our budget right now, it's not something that I would like to have to purchase. However, if that does happen to be the case, I told him that I would try and sell my exercise machine to help pay for the cost. Right, because everyone needs one more excuse not to exercise!

But despite the minor computer issues just recently, the rest of the day went pretty well I guess. Therapy went well today, even though two of my activities kind of fell through. Found out that we are moving our Wednesday sessions to Tuesday afternoons. That is fine and dandy, but that just means more work over the weekend. I also turned in my progress report. I really don't know if I did it right or what kind of grade I will get on it, but at this point I don't really care. It's done and it's out of my mind for the next couple of days at least. I should start on my lesson plan that is due on Friday and my self evaluation and I was going to and all, but now without my computer, can I keep my motivation? We will see... Lol!

After I got home with Ayden today from daycare we played for most of the afternoon until Jay came home. I let him watch just a bit of TV while I had something for my late lunch and then I turned it off and we played with legos, played another game, had a pillow fight, and went outside. It felt good to just play with him and have the TV off and not worry about homework and laugh! I haven't laughed much in the past few days so it felt nice this afternoon. And the sun was shining and it's beautiful outside. The rest of the week is going to be grand! That, and I have one of my classes cancelled on Friday as well and a guest speaker in the other class that I have on Friday.

I did find out today that one of the partner pairs in my practicum class only has clinic once a week. I couldn't believe it because there are some of us who are alone and have it two or three times a week. Talk about unfair amount of work and that we don't even NEED a minimum of hours for undergrad and that some schools don't even have undergrad clinic! Are you serious?! I'm doing all these clinic hours for NOTHING! They will count for nothing! All for the experience and learning new things, but will it benefit me in the future? Okay, probably... but like I said earlier, today is a good day, right?! I'm making it be a good day and a rest of a good week!

CIAO for now! I'll be sure to keep you updated on the situation of my sick computer, you know, that is if you actually care or anyone is actually reading this... LOVE ME!

0 comments: