Monday, October 20, 2008

Not Me Monday!!!

Can’t get enough of it… MckMama over at mycharmingkids.net deserves all the credit again! Check out her site to see her Not Me’s and links to many many others!!!

It was not me that went to both Walmart and Target today in Superman pj bottoms, a dress shirt, and dress shoes tonight, nope not me!

I did not go to Walmart so that Ayden could spend his ‘allowance’ because ALL four year olds get an allowance, right? And I did not go because I was sick of working on homework and wanted to get out of the house to spend some time with Ayden.

And then I did not go to Target afterwards to look for a new winter coat for Ayden because the one that he has from last year does not fit as perfectly as I would like it and he most definitely cannot have the same winter coat two years in a row even if he wouldn’t care. And while there, I did not buy new snow pants for him right away because of course we are never going to go outside in the middle of winter to build snowmen because I’m a cold hater and cringe at the thought of snow.

When I saw my client’s parent’s phone number on my missed call list, I did not hope that they were calling to cancel Thursday’s session. Side note, they didn’t leave a message so I don’t really know what they were calling about.

I did not get into a fight with Jay on our drive back from Chilton last night because he watched the Packer game pretty much the whole time while at his brother’s birthday party and left me alone to deal with a no napped child pumped full of birthday cake FROSTING and ice cream. I did not put all the blame on him because he ‘disappeared’ and didn’t even bother to check in with me. I did not just sit and deal with Ayden myself thinking Jay was pretty selfish.

I did not tell Ayden that either he ate his supper or no cake in a sterner (is that a word) voice than necessary because I was certainly not fed up with the way he was acting. My four year old is always perfect and never misbehaves.

I did not let Ayden eat cheese and cracker and meat lunchables two nights in a row last week because I didn’t feel like cooking and that is what he wanted and I am not offering it as a choice tonight because I have too much to do and do not feel like cooking spaghetti like he asked for. And I will not be sitting next to him eating one as well because I did not stock up on them when they were on sale for $1 at Walmart last week.

And finally, I am not going to lock myself in the bedroom tonight at 8pm to watch Prison Break all alone in some solitude because I am not obsessed with Wentworth Miller and did not get upset when the stupid baseball game was on last week and Prison Break wasn’t.

Boring Not Me’s today, eh? I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder I guess… Didn’t do a whole lot of not me worthy stuff last week and if I did, it escapes me now as I try to hurry up and get a quick post in before supper duties call and Ayden gets sick of his new toy.

Maybe more later… CIAO! LOVE ME!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog is very pretty : ). Your NOT ME's sound like a lot of things I would totally NOT ever EVER do either : )!

amanda said...

i never ever give the girlies lunchables either. we always have well balanced meals just like you. and i always give my children whatever they ask for, for supper. :)