Monday, January 12, 2009

Certainly NOT ME!

Join the blog carnival over at MckMama’s after enjoying my Not Me’s… it is not any fun and you know you don’t want to, so you should definitely not click on the link because you would surely regret it! Already starting the fun!!!

This past week has granted me with many fun things, or did it?!

I did not read yet another book (or two, can’t even remember) because I have not read WAY too many in the previous two weeks. And this weekend did not find me spending my Barnes and Noble gift certificate on FOUR more books. I am not excited to read these books and they are not another vampire series. Stephanie Meyer (author of the Twilight series) has not gotten me hooked on vampires! Oh wait, yes she has… readaholic me!

I did not pout to my four year old on Friday when he didn’t want to go outside with me and play in the snow. I did not try to bribe him to go out with me and then did not get a little excited when he said he didn’t want to because… well it is not cold outside and I would not purposely put myself in a position to endure it.

I was not a little disappointed when Ayden asked to go outside on Saturday and I did not prepare to go out by putting sweat pants on OVER my jeans, wool socks on OVER my regular socks, and a sweatshirt on OVER my long sleeve shirt and t-shirt… ALL BEFORE… I decked out in snow pants, scarf, jacket, hat, boots, and mittens! I was not TOO warm when we finally got outside to play! And Ayden and I did not have WAY too much fun playing in the snow!

While playing in the snow I did not take a video of Ayden going down the hill on his tube and laugh when he took a face plant. I’m not a mean mom like that and he did not get right up with a HUGE smile on his face! Also, that face plant did not leave him with a small cut on his lip which started to bleed. Because he didn’t notice it, I made sure point it out to him and told him he was bleeding. What, are you nuts! I made sure not to mention it because I didn’t want him to make a scene over something so little. We continued to play like nothing happened!

I did not get to enjoy HuHot on Saturday night and did not splurge with my family on dessert because we are not tight for money. We did not get the ‘smores dessert and were not able to roast our own marshmallows RIGHT AT THE TABLE! Ayden was not amazed by this!

Jay and I did not spend our mall gift certificate on Ayden because he doesn’t need anything else. I did not cringe when I saw the prices of perfume and cologne at Abercrombie, which did not lead us to spend our gc on Ayden. (But seriously, $40 for perfume?! I know that could be considered cheap, but not for me! I was not sad when I couldn’t get any good smelling perfume because I don’t have any right now, just body spray.)

Ayden did not proceed to get a dinosaur from Build A Bear with our gc, and he did not name it Rexy! It is not super cute and cuddly and I did not enjoy seeing the joy on Ayden’s face as he got to pick it out, ‘stuff it’, ‘wash it’ and pick some clothes out!

I did not get totally creamed by my sister in a game of Wii tennis, and I did not come back and win a little while later in the day, but probably mostly due to luck. She is not WAY better than me because the older sister always has to be better!

I did not catch Ayden and my little sister Alexis giving Alexis’ ‘Baby Alive’ doll a bath in the bathroom sink. Giving a bath to a toy that should not be fully submersed in any kind of water. They did not have the WHOLE doll under the water and they did not have lots of soap in the dolls hair. Upon a few texts from my sister… the doll is not STILL talking even though no one is playing with it. It is totally not creeping her out and I am not glad that I am sitting at my computer in Point!

I’m sure I did not do SO many other things this week… but now it is time for you to divulge what you certainly didn’t do! Like MckMama says… free therapy!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

3 comments:

Wayne said...

Great not me monday I thought it was really funny how you pouted to your baby

Anonymous said...

I have GOT to read that series. I feel so left out.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I loooove the Twilight series! You got to roast marshmellows at the table? How cool!