Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Taking a breath…

I have gone from overly pissed… to just pretty darn angry… to a little depressed and jealous… to hoping all goes well… to actually kind of excited about this semester (well clinic wise). Despite the fact that I’ve been handed a client that will have just me as his clinician this semester, I’ve come full circle and will make the most out of this situation. I know that his parents and him are counting on me to help. And it can’t be that bad interacting with a child who is the same age as Ayden. He has the vocab and comprehension and expressive language skills of a normal child his age so that it good. All is well again… it just took a little bit of reflection.

I ran into the student who will have my old client from last semester. She’s really great and I think will do wonderful with my old client. I think he will really take to her. I hope that his parents will as well. She is a bit nervous to deal with the supervisor, but I told her that she is nothing to worry about. I also gave her some helpful information about the client and what he likes and dislikes and so forth. She was very appreciative of that.

Ayden’s first day in the afternoon class at preschool went well. He was so excited to tell me about it and what they did. And for not having a nap today his is in quite a good mood. We’ve been having some boat races tonight and of course Ayden insists on winning all of the time! Earlier tonight I asked him to pick up some toys that he had out and he said, ‘Oh come on, all by myself?’ It was too cute! He should have picked them up all by himself because he got them out, but I helped him. He did good though.

And let me tell you, it was SO GREAT to be able to sleep in this morning. As if right on cue, Ayden came in at 8am. He enjoyed being able to get up when he wanted and spending a little extra time at home this morning. I enjoyed not having to rush around and get things together and in order right away and not worrying about getting to sleep at a decent time because I didn’t have to be up at 6:15am. This is definitely going to be a good semester.

I also found out from my aud supervisor that our weekly meeting will be after our hours on Tuesday. It should fit really good into a slot because our hours end at noon and I don’t have class until 12:35pm. No rearranging of a schedule there. It would be nice to fit one of my speech times in on Tuesday as well because then it would cut down one day that I have to dress up. Actually Tuesdays and Thursdays would work great for me as far as speech clinic goes. I will have to discuss it with my supervisor. We will be meeting either Thursday or Friday this week. See, all I needed to do was breathe and everything would work out. Plus, it definitely gives me more experience, right? Always a good thing!

And so begins the cycle of homework… just might actually go get some textbook reading done before I turn to my other book. Just maybe, lol!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: