Friday, January 30, 2009

Feeling Better

My cold never got as bad as I thought it might which was really great. I am still a little stuffy/runny at times, but so thankful that it didn’t get full blown. Ayden still has a bit of a runny nose as well, but his coughing has gotten drastically better! Yeah for not being super sick!!!

And today is Friday! Yeah again! That means two days of not having to really worry about anything. I am planning on doing some of my online class with Jay tonight so we can keep caught up with that. We are already two weeks behind, but I am not anticipating the stuff to be too complex. We are talking a level 100 class here. Should go quickly! I also finished my lesson plan last night so won’t have to do that over the weekend. I do have a meeting with my supervisor today so we can talk about a few things. Hopefully she doesn’t ask me to change my lesson plan around too much because I really don’t want to do anymore work on it.

I only have one class today which is great. Hearing Science… and as much as I complain about it, I am really liking it so far. Maybe it is just the way Dr. Henry teaches, I don’t know. I just need to continue to do well on the pop quizzes and all will be well. I got an email from my aud supervisor yesterday saying that it was okay if I didn’t attend the weekly 8am meeting on Thursdays. She understood why I couldn’t. That was really nice, and I spoke to another student and she said the meeting was a whole 10 minutes long and completely pointless for us undergrads to be there. That made me feel better.

Jay had to ref last night in Wausau. He was supposed to be home around 8pm, but didn’t get home until after 10pm. They asked him to stay for the varsity match as well to watch. The two top D1 teams were going at it and they wanted another ref to watch as well. He didn’t mind and I didn’t really care either. He didn’t get paid for it, but they fed him which was nice. Plus, he said that it was really a good match to watch. Really exciting! I’m glad that he was able to enjoy something like that. As much as I like/d wrestling… one of my main reasons for being a wrestling manager for three years was Jay himself. Yeah, like I would voluntarily put up with some of those guys without a good reason, lol! Oh, but it was lots of fun! Especially some of the bigger tournaments… lots of hot guys in tight singlets. Hey, I didn’t start dating Jay until the third year. Plus, in high school he looked pretty darn good in one too. Lol! Some good memories…

Anyways, Ayden and I had a really relaxing and calm night last night. I worked on some homework and we watch Transformers together. He really liked that movie. Well at least the parts where the transformers were on, he didn’t sit still to watch the other parts. I also did some laundry so I wouldn’t have so much to do this weekend, if any.

I went and got Jay’s valentine’s day gift yesterday. Usually we don’t really do anything for it. He says its a ‘hallmark holiday’ and frankly, I really don’t care. He did get me roses for our first valentines day together which was really sweet, but I know he spent WAY too much on them. After that we had Ayden and other expenses to worry about and haven’t really gone all out for it. But like I said, we are okay with that. This year I thought of the perfect gift to get him. It’s not all romantic or anything, but I’m thinking he will love it. Also, since I told him I am getting (actually got) him something, I’m hoping he will return the favor. I even hinted at a charm bracelet (however he’s a guy, who knows if he even got the hint). So, what did I get him? That will remain unsaid for now. Even though he claims not to read my blog (I don’t care either way) I cannot be sure and don’t want to spoil the surprise. This time I am so waiting until then to give it to him. We have a habit of getting gifts early and then not waiting until the specific day/event to give it to the other person. This time I want to because I want him to be surprised and excited about it. Don’t worry though, I’ll let you all know what I got him after I give it to him and how he reacts. I’m so excited!!!

Please keep my cousin, Amanda, in your thoughts and prayers today… she is having her biopsy done and I know she could use our prayers to help keep her at peace throughout all of what she is going through! I don’t know if I could be as strong as she is! She is truly an inspiring woman!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: