Monday, January 26, 2009

Week Two

The start of my second week at school was rather good. It is thoroughly refreshing that I only have one class per day now. I know that I need to get started with my online class before it gets the best of me. That will be my project for the week/end, but really this week I am focused on getting clinic started (both Aud and speech) and doing good with that. Then I will worry about my online class. We have weekly assignments that we can do, but none of them are actually due until the end of the semester. Our first assignment that is actually due isn’t due until February 11th, so I have some time.

Tonight I am going to sit back and relax and watch some of John and Kate Plus 8. I met with my supervisor this afternoon and she seemed okay with my lesson plan for Wednesday and I emailed it to her tonight. Tomorrow I need to make sure that I have all the materials for it. Shouldn’t be too hard. My biggest concern is my activities not panning out like I have them planned and my client not saying the words that I’m looking for, or should I say the sounds that I am looking for. And because I am gathering baseline data I won’t want to be teaching too much so my data is rather accurate.

I cannot believe that we are almost in February… do you know what that means? Well at least for those of us who live in the snow and cold in the winter… that means only one more month of cold bitter temperatures. Okay, so March can be cold too, possibly even bitter cold. Heck, I’m sure there have been times in history where we have received snow in May! However, upon completion of February you have just about made it through another harsh cold winter. When March starts it means Spring is on the horizon! I can’t wait for the cold to be gone and the winter coats to be put away!

My noisy neighbors are at it again. :( They have been good for a few weeks now, but I can hear them pounding away! It’s rather annoying… argh! What can you do though? Dumb college boys! Why do they insist on making my life more stressful than it already is? And really, there is a highway patrol person living on that side of the building, shouldn’t they be concerned about them? Probably not, but it’s still annoying!

Off to enjoy John and Kate Plus 8!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

amanda said...

FYI one year...a LONNNNNG time ago we had a huge snowstorm on my moms bday that closed schools. the date: MAY 10th...let's just hope that doesn't ever happen again.