Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Parking Ticket?

It is shortly before I am supposed to attend my first Audiology clinical and I thought I would get a little blogging in... on my short (but longer, now that I come to school later) walk to the building this morning, I had an elderly gentleman stop his car by mine and tell me that I was going to get a ticket for parking where I was. Well, as I was leaving my car the thought sort of crossed my mind. You see, apparently you have to park at least two feet from someone's driveway. This had never crossed my mind until I got a ticket last winter for apparently not doing so. Although, it must have been my unlucky day because I've seen MANY others park much closer than me. Anyways, I thought about that as I was about to leave my car. I'm not ambivelent to that sort of stuff anymore and I thought I was at least two feet from the residents driveway. The driver (who lived on the opposite side of the road) thought it would be a courtesy to me if he mentioned it. Apparently he's seen a lot of cars ticketed lately. I thanked him for his comment and he thought I should be okay. Heck, I wasn't worried about it until after he spoke to me. So, today is one of my longer days on campus (here till 4pm) and so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my windshield is not graced with a ticket when I get back to it after work. If so, I will literally call Jay and get him to bring me a tape measure so I can document exactly how far away I am and thus discern if the ticket was approriapte. Because I can assure you that when the officers are writing their tickets, they DO NOT get out of their cars to make sure you are under two feet away. Anyways, I'm looking forward to no ticket and a great day!

Aud clinic here I come! And then my Social Geronotology class and work!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: