Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It Can Get Weirder...

...and it probably will! Today was quite the day, I must say that. Had two strange things happen to me that were completely unexpected, however strange in a good way. Usually, I'm all for going into details and probably telling you too much about my life (hey, it's my blog, right?) but this is one of the times where I'm going to just shy away from going into anything right now. First off, it's a long complicated back story and secondly, well I just want to see where these strange events happen to lead me. Well, then why tell us anyways Ashley, I mean come on. You can't talk that much about it and then not even go into the littlest detail about it... we won't allow it... hey... it's my blog, right? You all still love me and will keep coming back... little self absorbed, eh? No, it's just that I know how addicting blog reading is. At least I hope you still come back!

I've felt like crud most of the day today. My nose has been pretty well behaved. I've been able to breathe through it all day and I haven't used too many kleenexes. Always good! But my stomach feels kind of funky. Not like throw up funky or hurting funky, just kind of weird. Probably because I'm hungry and haven't had anything since breakfast. I hope I feel better tomorrow. Colds are definitely no fun, especially not the second week of school. It will go away though, I keep telling myself that. It will not last forever. A few days of the ickies and I will be feeling 100% again.

I had my first speech session today. Well, of course I did, I've only been talking about it for the past three or four days now! And it went rather well! Always can improve, but that is what practicum is all about! The little guy is too cute and did great today! The game that I created went over very well and I was super happy about that! I was not nearly as nervous as I had anticipated which was great. Might take some time getting used to each other and how we each work, but I'm looking forward to a great semester! And guess what?! I get to wear jeans tomorrow! Dressing up is always fun, but comfy clothes are better (at least in my eyes!).

We had our first quiz (that counts) in Hearing Science today. Wouldn't I know it... at least I studied a little bit last night when I was reading the book and taking some notes. I think I might have gotten a 1 or 2 out of 5 on the quiz. Just goes to show that I am really going to have to look over that stuff before classes. He assigned the first 5 pages of the next chapter for Friday. Definitely going to read that and take notes. So far that class is going really fast (well time wise). Must be because I have to pay really close attention because Dr. Henry moves at like a million miles a minute. But I'm really liking him a professor so far. And I'd better, because he is one of the supervisors for grad school.

Speaking of grad school, I found out that I have another person to compete against as far as getting in. There is a nontrad student who is coming back (has her masters in something health related already) and wants to become an audiologist. She already has the leg up on me with having her masters already. She seems really smart, but is also super super nice! I'd love for her to be a first year grad student with me. It would be great if it were just me, Amy (the nontrad) and Katie, the other girl in my major who applied to Stevens Point. So, three of 5-7 spots already filled (in my mind) at Stevens Point. The other 30-40 applicants can fight over the last two, lol! Still staying positive. She only applied to Point as well.

My Project 365 is continuing along quite well. If you haven’t already visited, click on the link on my left sidebar and it will take you to that blog. Since we don’t venture out too much after we get home for the day, most of my pictures are taken within the confines of my house. I haven’t braved taking my camera to school yet, although I could probably get some good pictures there. Plus, it has been so cold outside lately, I don’t want to take the chances of wrecking my camera if I leave it in my car all day long. Never know with these things and it cost me enough…

It is supposed to warm up this weekend which is good. That means we can go outside some more. I don’t mind going outside when it is 30 degrees, but when it hits negative marks, well inside will do just fine for me!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: