Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hug and smooch, hug and smooch…

Those are my favorite words to here from Ayden and he has been saying them an awful lot lately. Out of the blue he will come up to me or Jay and say ‘I want a hug and smooch’ and of course who could turn that down! I love that he isn’t getting to that stage yet where he doesn’t like his mommy and daddy and I am all too well aware that he will get there in the blink of an eye.

Last night I was relaxing on the couch and he came up to me and asked if he could lay next to me. He told me that he always cuddles up next to me and likes to lay with mommy. It lasted for maybe a whole five minutes before he said that he was done, but I totally loved those whole five minutes! I love anytime that he wants to sit by me, be by me, is loving on his mommy. Because like I said, I know that all too soon it will stop. I’ll take it while I can get it!

Our New Year’s Eve was rather drab, but I’m not complaining about it. I was in bed by 9pm and sleeping by 10:30pm. No, I did not lay awake for an hour and a half, I first turned the TV off at 10pm. I was really kind of tired, despite not really doing anything yesterday. Ayden was asleep shortly after 9pm as he didn’t have a nap yesterday and Jay wasn’t tired because he slept half of the day away. He ended up sleeping on the couch, of his own volition. He said that he didn’t want to come into the bedroom at like 2am and wake me up and keep me awake as he tried to get to sleep. That was really nice of him, although I woke up at 4am and wondered if he was still playing his computer game. Hopefully tonight he can get to sleep better.

Today really seems like a Friday and it is hard to believe that I have to get up for work tomorrow, ugh… oh well though…

Jay’s parents did come visit us today, however his brother stayed at home. His mom was really excited to see that we got the Wii and actually said that she was considering getting one as well. She has also heard good things about Wii Fit and wants it too! We played some bowling and had a good time and by the time that they were ready to leave she was even more excited about it. And it was totally cute watching Ayden show them how to work everything.

Tonight we went out for supper at the Golden Corral. Usually it is super yummy, but tonight it was only okay, well for the price I guess. After that we stopped at Best Buy, to check yet again for Mario Kart and Wii Fit (a little obsessed to try and find them, yes… but Best Buy was like right next to Golden Corral so we didn’t make an extra special trip). Jay talked to the guy and he said that the trucks usually come in on Tuesday and Thursday nights (however today being a holiday it didn’t) so I told Jay he might have to get over there on Wednesday morning if he doesn’t have to work. So, instead of finding Mario Kart or Wii Fit, we found a different racing game… a monster truck one that was only $20 and came with a wheel. Of course we couldn’t pass that up (not that Ayden was going to let us, if he could) and have been playing that tonight. Actually, for the money (because most of the games are like $50) I am pretty happy with it.

And because I took some awesome pictures today (courtesy of Jay’s tripod)… I thought I would share one with you. They actually turned out really pretty great and I was super excited! And because our Christmas tree is so huge small, you can’t even see it!

I hope everyone enjoyed the first day of the new year… and that 2009 brings happiness for everyone!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

amanda said...

if you find a wii fit before me... i think i'll cry! i've been looking ALL over. walmart, target, best buy, game stop...and more than once at each!