Friday, January 30, 2009

Klinger

Today my mom informed me that they were going to have to put down their cat Klinger (yes named after the show Mash)... this not even a year after they had to put down Kitty... Personally, this doesn't exactly bother me, I don't know why. It was weird going to my mom's house after Kitty was put down, as I had lived there with her for many years, but I didn't really miss her. However, my mom really did as Kitty was her cat. And now her and Jim are having to say goodbye to Klinger, who incidentally was Jim's cat. Kitty was pretty old when she had to be put down. Not 20 something like cats can sometimes live to, but I'd say at least 10 years old. Klinger on the other hand is only about three. That is relatively young for a cat. I cannot say for sure what was wrong with him, but it was something that had a relatively low success rate if they tried surgery. My mom and Jim decided that it would be best not to go through with it and end his suffering.

Now my mom is left with a dog (who is definitely aging) and a rambunctious cat named Rizzo. She said that they will most likely get another cat so Rizzo will have someone to play with. Rizzo is one feisty cat who definitely reminds me of Diesel, but yet not so mean.

Our cat, which incidentally, isn't our first... is psycho!!! Literally... I think his sole purpose is to annoy me! Lol!

But speaking of our first cat, that was a quick adventure all in itself. Our first cat, Sisco, came from the same litter as Klinger. Actually, Jim found them out in their garage. We were still living at our old apartment then and were super excited to bring a kitten home with us. Ayden wasn't quite two at the time and he loved the little kitty. Sisco was a lot of fun until he started peeing on our kitchen floor. Okay, it was the kitchen, we could deal with that and try to make it work. There had to be something we could do and then... it spread to the living room. Cat pee on carpet is NOT fun! Not fun at all! It smells! After two weeks of dealing with this and it NOT getting better we made the decision that we were going to have to get rid of Sisco. It kind of sucked because we were starting to get pretty attached to him, but it needed to be done.

We left him on my aunt's semi farm with some other cats and hoped he would have a good life there. Only to find out he was eaten by the Tomcat the next day. Poor Sisco... Jay still teases me that I caused his death because I was the deciding force on him needing to go.

We were cat free for about a year and then we moved. After we moved Jay broached the subject with me again about getting a cat. I was fine without one... and left the decision up to Jay. He searched around a little bit and we finally found Diesel at a farm. He was bigger than Sisco when we got him, but still a little thing. And it’s been happily ever after since then. We haven’t had any problems with him peeing anywhere except the litter box which is great. And even when he is driving me nuts by biting at me… he still melts my heart when he comes to lay by me in bed every night (until I kick him out when I decide to go to sleep).

And someday I’m sure we will have at least one more cat and probably two dogs… some day…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: