Monday, January 12, 2009

Lost my post = sad me :(

Arghness… I had started a nice long post about my great weekend and then lost it. I know I should have hit save draft before I stepped away from my computer for an extended period of time, but I guess I just forget sometimes. Darn, huh? So, here I go, going to restart it… because I was all excited to recount how great I thought it was!

Jay got home from his wrestling meet at around 4:30pm on Saturday and we were shortly out of the door after that. He showered quickly and we loaded up the truck with the few things we were going to take for a night away. We are masters at this packing thing. Okay, so at least I am. My parents divorced when I was in like the 5th grade (or something like that) and so I learned to pack like a pro moving back and forth between my mom and dad’s house.

He asked if I would drive because he said his feet hurt from being on them all day long. I agreed because I don’t mind driving his truck (okay, explorer)… well actually I secretly love it because it has power steering. I know, getting excited over something so little, but my car does not have it. What, a vehicle without power steering, are you for real? Yes, I am for real. I own a 2001 Chevy Metro that was a rental car before I purchased it and came without power steering, power windows, power locks, and not even a tape deck! But it came with only about 50,000 miles and a GREAT price tag! I’ve loved it since, but would love a Jeep Liberty or Ford Focus even better… maybe in the next two years…

Okay, back to my weekend… I agreed to drive also because the weather was fine and the roads really good. I donned my glasses because otherwise at night I am pretty blind and won’t go into a car without them and we headed towards Appleton. We decided to go to HuHot before shopping because we didn’t want to make Ayden wait until 8pm or later to eat supper. We knew it would be pretty busy no matter what time we went… hello, super great restaurant and a Saturday night. We got there and made our ‘reservation’ and were told it would be about a 40 minute wait.

Instead of waiting in line for 40 minutes with a four year old (when in fact it probably would have been 15-20 minutes, probably) we decided to run quickly to Barnes and Noble because I had a gift certificate there. We shopped there and made it back to HuHot in about 25 minutes. Turns out we were already called, but Jay talked to the hostess and told them about what we were told and we were seated right away. Probably made a few of the people waiting in line a little upset because we kind of just walked right in and got seated, but whatever. We were smart…

The food was delish, as always! And the best part was that Jay said he LOVED it and wants to go back. I was seriously worried that he wouldn’t like it and I wouldn’t have anyone to go with. Okay, so I could just corral my sister, and two cousins, who love it as well and we could make a girls day out of it… but you know what I mean. And Ayden ate really good too. We splurged and got a dessert, the make your own ‘smores one, and it was yummy. It was really fun to do it at your table as well! Our bill was definitely enough, what with Jay getting some egg rolls and the dessert, but I thought it was worth it.

I ended up getting four new books at Barnes and Noble! And after HuHot we headed over to the mall to spend our gift certificate there. My plan was to get some perfume and cologne for myself and Jay from Abercrombie. Pretty much the only thing I will buy from that store because I think it smells really good. Even though I know everything in there is WAY overpriced, I was not expecting a small bottle of perfume and cologne to cost $40 a piece. There was no way I was spending $80 on that stuff, no matter how much I wanted it and how good it smelt. I mean, I know perfume and cologne can go much higher in price, but I’m cheap like that. Maybe if they were $20 a piece I would have bought them, but whatever…

We decided that since there was nothing else that Jay or I really needed that we would let Ayden spend the gift certificate at Build A Bear. I had asked Jay if there was anything he wanted from Scheels and he told me… needed- no, wanted- bad question to ask. So we stuck with Build A Bear. Ayden found a dinosaur that he wanted and we got that and a shirt for him. Rexy came to life and Ayden loves him! I was happy that he was happy and he was really a good boy Saturday. Not that he needed anything more.

We got to Jay’s parent’s house around 9:30pm and Jay got the Wii out and we all played it for a while. I think we were in bed by like 11pm and were up by 8am the next morning to go to my mom’s house for a while. We showed her the Wii and had fun playing bowling. She had to go to work in the afternoon so we went to my dad’s house to visit after that. We spent the majority of the weekend there playing the Wii and just visiting. Ayden and Alexis had so much fun! I always love watching them play together!

My dad and Wendy had just played the Wii at one of their friends house the night before so we didn’t need to teach them how to play it. My sister and I had some tennis tournaments and Ayden is getting really good. He can power serve like none other and every time I try I cannot do it. Guess I am not as talented as him!

It was about 6pm when we left and I drove home again. Well back to Point. It was a long drive, well we were coming from in town at Chilton which added probably almost a half hour to our trip. The roads were good and I ran into minimal traffic and we made it home nice and safe which was good! I started one of my new books last night after Ayden went to bed and was asleep shortly there after because I was so tired as well. I never sleep as well when I am not in my own bed. But then again, who really does?

Back to the grind today, well not quite. Classes don’t start until next week, but I did get all of my graduate school application stuff done. FINALLY! Last step, mail it in!!! I need to get an envelope big enough tomorrow and all will be set. Then it will be a waiting game. Hopefully it goes by fast enough! Still not freaking out about it yet though. Staying positive!

A new John and Kate Plus 8 is on tonight and because Prison Break isn’t on (not going through as many Wentworth Miller withdrawals as I was the last time the show was on break, lol), I can actually watch it. Other than that, I think the rest of my night will be spent uploading some pictures from over the weekend and maybe some videos. I took some mighty funny ones of Ayden boxing! And then of course some more reading after Ayden goes to bed, or during his bath (or quick wash off- ie: shower), whichever he chooses.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

amanda said...

i'm so jealous that jay likes hu hot. shaun doesn't care for it. :( that = a sad me. :0) oh well.