Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Almost Wednesday...

Kind of feeling down and out right now. Got my final grades in and they are good... A-'s... not super duper A's though. And then I found out that A-'s are only worth 3.67 points! Which means I cannot achieve my 4.0 status this semester! What is even worse, I calculated it out and I need to get a 4.0 in the fall semester and spring semester of next year to even graduate Magna Cum Laude. And with clinic I'm thinking that going to be utterly impossible. I so wanted to graduate Summa Cum Laude, which is 3.9 or higher, but stupid A-'s won't let me be able to. So, I'm going to strive for the Magna Cum Laude and work my butt off next year. I will most definitely get Cum Laude, but that will not be enough for me.

Back again, I kind of too a hiatus from writing this yesterday. Really didn't have it in me to continue. Okay, so when I started it I was at work and was not able to finish it and then the rest of my free time yesterday was spent reading. I've come to the conclusion about my grades that as long as I've tried my hardest I know that I will have done as well as I can and if that means not reaching Summa Cum Laude, I guess that is okay. In the past I really didn't try as hard as I could have with my classes, but this past year has really changed me. Meeting my friends and getting to know them and how much they all want to do good has really pushed me to want to do better myself and I have. It's been with their help and support that I made it through this past year. The year they call the 'hardest'. It was a good thing that we all became friends. And I know I've said all of this before. Just humor me.

So, I am almost done with New Moon, the second book in the Twilight series. I read every spare moment that I was not playing with Ayden, aka... his nap time and after he went to bed, and as he watched Land Before Time after his nap, I was engrossed in my book. I just started it yesterday (it is about 568 pages or so long, and I got to page 424 last night). Am I crazy or what? I am hoping to finish it during Ayden's nap today, but we will see.

We have to stop at the grocery store to pick up a few things for Jay after I get Ayden from daycare. Jay is going to try and make some egg salad. We will see how that turns out. If he wants it that bad I think that he should buy it from the store, but you never know with that guy. Speaking of him, I haven't checked his phone in almost 5 days now. Or maybe it's four, don't really know for sure, but in any case he's been coming to bed at a relatively decent time lately. Or maybe I think it's decent because I have been staying up in the living room reading until 11pm or so the past couple of nights. And his game playing hasn't been bothering me as much either, but once again, I think it is because I am so engrossed in my book. I don't know.

I've come to the conclusion that I need to work with Ayden more with his workbooks that we've gotten him. I have about three different ones stacked up in the closet that we haven't set eyes on since we bought. We really need to get them out and utilize them. Not that I think Ayden is dumb or anything, quite the contrary, that kid remembers things that even I don't. I think it's some secret kid ability that we all out grow as we get older. In any case, what better time to make use of them when I have no homework or other stuff calling my name. And they will only help him for preK in the fall. This morning he did not want to go to daycare, although he's beginning to say that a lot these days. But after he gets dressed and gets some liquid in him he is usually brighter and ready and raring to go. And by the time we get to daycare he can't get away from me fast enough to play with his friends.

My friend Kristi called me up on Sunday afternoon and we went to the big blue park with her and Lily. It was their first time being there and Lily and Ayden had so much fun. Ayden really has taken to Lily and was showing her around like a big brother, but sometimes he would get over excited and upset when Lily wasn't moving fast enough. I don't think he quite gets that she is so much smaller than him. We also ran into one of Ayden's friends from daycare. Actually, Ayden's 'girl friend'. Lol. Her name is Melina and those two had a lot of fun running around the park. Lina was all over Ayden and he was being the typical guy trying to ignore her, but after a while he opened up some more. She is really attached to him and wanted Ayden to give her a hug when we were leaving daycare yesterday afternoon. He of course looked at her like she had the plague. Too cute!

The weather is looking to be pretty fabulous this weekend which means hopefully we will be outside for most of it. Finally, some warm weather!

I got my clothes from Forever 21 yesterday and I was kind of disappointed. One of the dresses fit pretty good and I liked it and the coat that I got fit really good, LOVE IT! But the dress that I really wanted to fit good (for Justin's wedding) was a little loose in the bust area and because it is strapless that will be no good. If I ever get rich, and by that I mean win the lottery rich, then I'll buy my pair a self of bigger boobs. I'm not all for lots and lots of plastic surgery, but if I had the chance I would get lasec (sp?) for my eyes, something done with my honker of a nose, and bigger boobs. Jay tells me all the time that he loves me the way I am, but my eyes are getting worse (despite my saying they aren't that bad) I hate my huge nose, and I would love to just once have some cleavage without having to wear a super padded bra! Some people, like me, just aren't as blessed in that area. Lol.

Night time now, well technically the sun is still out and it's not quite 7pm, but late enough. We just got done eating supper, which by the way was just a pizza. Pretty good, despite that fact that it was only Jack's. Didn't really feel like making anything hard and Ayden and I had just made cookies this afternoon so that constituted my cooking for the day. We had fun, even though it was just add butter and an egg to the mixture, lol. Not so much for all natural cookies, ie: from scratch. And then afterwards we frosted them. That was the best part!

And I did finish my book! I have already started the third one as well and it's just as good. The last one kind of bit though because Edward wasn't in most of it and him and Bella are the best part. Oh to drift off to the world of Bella and Edward. Makes it seem like nothing else matters when I get sucked into a good book. These are by far going to stick on my top 10 list. One other book that has engrossed me as much as this was Lisey's Story by Stephen King. His descriptions are beyond anything and he just pulls you into the book. Maybe that is why he is such a great author and has sold so many top sellers. And normally I don't read his kind of stuff because it is too far out there, but I also loved Duma Key by him and Bag of Bones. Both also very good!

Okay, so I got a letter from Lee today saying that he is going to call tomorrow night. I'm really debating on whether or not I should inform Jay of this before it actually happens. I know that he would appreciate it, but I don't know if I want to start a fight. I also know that if I told him before the actual call he would want me to not talk at all or only talk for about 10 minutes and the thing is that I haven't talked to Lee on the phone in months and I really would like to talk for a while. That and his letter contained only one sentence, and that was that he was going to call. Also, Jay told me today that he talked to Sam... a step in the right direction, so it would only be fair for me to tell him about the impending call. However, I also don't want to worry him all day tomorrow by knowing that it was coming. Argh! I guess I need to give it some more thought.

Enough for now, back into fantasy world as Ayden plays 'Duck Hunting' on original Nintendo. Yes, quit gaping... we do have one and it still works and Ayden LOVES it! Ciao! LOVE ME... enjoy the pictures!

Ayden working on the letter 'B'! He was doing very good with actually writing it.
The whole bed and this is where he ends up!
Making those delicious cookies!
Ayden and Lina at the park!
Ayden in the cool swings!
Ayden and Lily about to go down the slide!
Ayden with the mohawk going on!

0 comments: