Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Smile... it's Tuesday!

Jack- if that doesn't put a smile on your face, then I don't know what does. Ayden posed for a picture with the balloon head that he made at the cultural festival on Saturday. He had so much fun making it and kept on telling me that he didn't need any help.

Today was an okay day for being a Tuesday. It went SO slow though! I think partly because I didn't have anything to do at work this morning and didn't bring anything along with me to keep occupied. I'm sure not many people say this, but sometimes I wish they would have more for me to do at work so I actually get some hours in. The last few weeks were good with the ETP classes starting again, but now that all of the packets are together things have slowed down a bit again. And I really love my job and getting things done for my boss. She just needs to get some more stuff for me to do, lol. I've debated on getting another job for the summer, I do this a lot, however I'm still torn about it. A lot of the 'college' jobs around here require that you be available for weekends and I really don't want to sacrifice my weekends. It's quality family time that I would like not to give up. Also, I'm not much of a people person and a lot of the jobs involved interacting lots with people. Well maybe I should say that I'm not all for customer service because I don't want to deal with crabby people. Not that everyone is like that, but I've already had my fair share of instances and didn't care for it. Currently I work in an office with about 10 people and LOVE IT! I've been so lucky to get and keep this job. The people are great and so funny! In any case, I've been on the look out for a possible second job, but unless something comes along that I think I will really like or that fits into my current schedule I'll pass. It's not as if we are in a dire situation for money. And really, the less Ayden is at daycare the less we have to pay.

Speaking of that, I got notice today of an upcoming review for the daycare benefits we currently recieve. We get help from the county for daycare expenses and thank goodness we do. I don't think we could afford paying for daycare and everything else and go to school at the same time. Daycare is so expensive! Good thing Ayden only has one year left! In any case, we pay about $25 of the $140 is costs per week right now. Definitely not bad. But back to the review, every six months we need to be reviewed to make sure we are complying with all the 'rules' and what not. Mostly to make sure we are still working and nothing has changed. It's fine and all, but really a lot of work because we have to give them the schedule of hour school hours, daycare hours, work hours, and what not and anytime anything changes make sure we report it. One more year and we won't have to worry about that anymore.

Another weight off my shoulders is that we got our financial aid offers the other day. I was freaking out about that for about a month worrying if we would get enough money to be able to continue with school this next year. I had talked to a friend a few weeks ago and she recieved a substantial amount lower for the fall than she did for this current semester so I was freaked out we would as well. Of course our situations are not the same and everything, but in any case the offers came in and Jay and I will still be able to go to school and be able to continue to afford our living expenses. Of course we will incur more student loans, but I keep telling myself... I AM NOT THE ONLY POOR COLLEGE STUDENT! And it will be worth it in the end. It is a personal goal I have set for myself. And secretly I still have hope that maybe someday I will win the lottery! Of course I need to play it first, lol!

The weather was superb today! Ayden and I got the bikes and sidewalk chalk back out and had tons of fun. We biked for quite a while. The little guy was working up a sweat. I haven't been brave enough to take him back on the roads yet. That first time I did was quite the experience and I am not sure that I am ready for it again. We'll see though. Jay had to work late again, but not quite as late as yesterday which was nice. It's raining out now and may continue into tomorrow and thus he may not have to work then. Good and bad, but who knows. Maybe then we will start on that paper he needs to write by Friday. He says that he has started it, but we both know what that means. Typing your name as the heading in size 14 font, lol. My one biological psych class got done early today and the professor cut our material short for the final and said that the class on Thursday is optional! And we will still get our five extra credit points! I might still go though to get the study guide sheet. Haven't really decided yet because I have a class right before it anyways.

I managed to do a whole lot of nothing involving school today again. Well I rewrote my psych notes because that needed to get done and I had nothing better to do. I am dieing to pick up another book. I am going to steal some from my mom this weekend. Although she doesn't know it yet. We kind of 'share' our books. She keeps the library and I take at free will. Lol.

I've been eating so much junk food lately that it is not funny. Well mostly chocolate, it's my nemisis, but it's so damn good too! With summer and shorts weather right around the corner I need to get my butt in gear and get back on my elliptical machine. I didn't get it to just sit in the corner all the time. Really I would like to start running with Jay after work each day. It would be something that we could do together (of course Ayden would ride in the stroller) and we both could use it. I don't particularily like running, but I know that he does and I'm sure if I do it enough I could learn to like it. It's just a matter of getting back into shape. I would't mind losing a few pounds, people definitely seem to think that I don't need to which makes me feel somewhat good, but I know that some of my pants have gotten a little tighter than I'd like them so we will see. After finals and the semester is done and I don't have to get up at 6:30am anymore we might give it a shot.

Okay, enough babble for tonight...

-Ashley :)

0 comments: