Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Darn Good Weekend!

Jack- Okay... a few days break, but only because I was gone for the weekend. We went home, or back to Chilton, whatever you want to call it. I intermix the term 'home' with Chilton and Stevens Point all the time so I guess I never know what I am talking about. In any case, that is where we were this weekend and it was a pretty good weekend if I don't say so myself.

Saturday started out bright and early by leaving for Appleton. We first stopped at Barnes and Noble because I wanted to get a study guide for the GRE and I almost ended up with a study guide for the GMAT. Oops, grabbed the wrong book, good thing I saw at the register before she checked us out. The book was expensive enough, but hopefully it will help me prepare for the test. I've heard that it is like a million times harder than the ACTs. Don't really know why I have to take it in the first place, just that I have to and it costs an arm and a leg. Hopefully I don't have to take it more than once. I plan on taking it around the middle of August, but I still need to register for it early enough and pay for it at that time as well. We also got Ayden two dinosaur books there. One was on sale and the other one I couldn't pass up. I love buying books for him. I hope he grows up with the same passion for reading that I have. And speaking of reading, I don't know if I mentioned this or not in my last post, but I started a new book. I so couldn't help it. I am almost half way through it and it is pretty good thus far. Definitely not a page turner like some others that I've read, but good enough to continue on with it. And while I was at my mom's today I was going through 'our library' trying to find some good ones to bring back with me and I couldn't believe the number of books that I've read already. There is a ton of them, but they are all SO GOOD! In any case, I found one to bring home with me.

So, after Barnes and Noble we headed off to the mall because I wanted to stop at Forever 21 to look for a dress that I had found online that I really liked. Well, they didn't have the dress at the store, so I ended up buying it from online along with two other dresses and a coat. I hope that they all fit decent and not that I have to send them back. They are all super cute too! I can't wait to get them and try them on. Jay even said that he thought that they were pretty and he hardly has an opinion on the things that I wear. Our adventure at the mall didn't last long because we really only had that store to stop at.

Next we went to Monkey Joe's! This place is semi like a Chuck E Cheese with a few games and the pizza, but then there is the main attraction, the huge inflatable jumpy things that you get to climb on and slide down and go through. It's crazy fun and the parents get to play as well. I'll post some pictures maybe tomorrow. At first Ayden didn't want to go on anything, but after the first slide he didn't want to stop. We also played some games and Jay hit the jackpot on two of them so we got a fair amount of tickets and Ayden got a half way decent prize for the amount of money that we spent.

After all of that fun we had lunch at Fazoli's (I love Fazoli's, however they have stopped going around and handing out the breadsticks. You now need to go up to the counter to ask for more... although they are still free!) Lunch was super great in any case and then we went to Jay's parents house. There he finally fixed the leak in his oil tank or whatever you call it after a few weeks and we think that we've finally got it stopped. Yeah, because if we would have had to take it in to get fixed it would have cost and arm and a leg and we don't have any money for that. And since the weather was so nice they decided to put Jay's grandparents peir in that night instead of Sunday morning. That went over pretty well also. Ayden had fun throwing rocks and sticks into the lake and I got some pretty good pictures too. I didn't care for the lake flies, but I'm not all for the bugs.

Today was Mother's Day! Unfortunately, I didn't get surprised with any great gifts from Ayden and Jay, but I knew that I wasn't going to. Jay orinigially said that I could pick out two rings from Lia Sophia that I had been talking about that I wanted, one from Ayden and one from him, but I told him that I think there is going to be a good deal going on for that in July and I wanted to wait until then to get them and so I changed my mind and said I wanted the dress from Forever 21 for Mother's Day and then I just added to it. Lol... but it was a pretty decent Mother's Day. We went to my mom's house in the early afternoon and Ayden made cookies with her and we colored and just had some fun.

I have a final tomorrow that I did do some studying for, surprisingly enough. I should probably do some more though, but I am going to meet up with friends in the morning to get the rest of my study session in. Wish me luck!

My one gripe of the weekend was Jay's driving. It was enough to almost send me to the hospital with an anerysum (sp)! Sometimes I can't even stand it! I have faith that he is a good driver, but the guy tailgates worse than anyone else I know and it drives me nuts! And I already have a complex against his driving because he's been in two accidents where I have been in the vehicle so I'm guessing that that has something to do with it. Besides the whole driving thing, we had a pretty godo weekend. He couldn't play his game because we were gone and he didn't spend anytime on the phone. However, he is on his game right now, I guess I can deal because he didn't go on all weekend. Hopefully he doesn't stay up too late, but we will see. I'm not going to worry about it right now. Don't want to get all stressed out about anything right now.

Just need this week to go fast and end up with successful grades! Night night!

ME

0 comments: