Friday, May 23, 2008

From 3.33 to 3.39... UGH

Jack... all that hard work this past semester and my cummulative GPA only when up 0.06 points. Can you believe it?! I got all 'A's too! Kind of disappointing considering all that I did this past semester. It was a breeze compared to the fall semester, but that doesn't mean I didn't do my fair share of work either. I got the best grade in my clinical procedures class which was the most writing. I couldn't believe it. It used to be a writing emphasis course, but they changed that a few years back. It still should be one, but I didn't really care because I already had my other writing emphasis credits done with my online classes. That was nice to get out of the way right away. Everyone else has to take other ones. Speaking of that, Jay still needs to take six credits of writing emphasis I think. Sucks to be him because he really hates writing and well not to be mean, but he isn't very good at it either. Or maybe I am just over critical about it. Who knows? He can write, don't get me wrong, but not very eloquently and I guess that it doesn't have to be eloquent all the time.

Jay only has to work until 11am today. His job will not let him work overtime (they don't want to pay it) and he has worked late earlier this week and thus will reach his 40 hours this week by 11am. I know that he wouldn't mind working longer, he loves his job, but oh well. It is kind of nice because then we can maybe do some rummaging this afternoon. He also has Monday off, but will then have to work 4 10hour days next week. That is fine with me because I am getting used to him not coming home until 6pm or later.

I overhauled Ayden's room yesterday and it is now clean again. And everything is in it's respectable bin as well. It makes it so much easier to find things then. We also had a talk that when he is done playing with something that we should try and pick it up right away. Of course we've had this talk numerous times before, but it doesn't hurt to keep instilling the cleaning gene. Maybe he will take after his mom at some point. Lol. I also did the laundry yesterday and got that all done. I will probably do a load or two on Monday again just to keep up with it. It feels like less if I do a load or so every few days rather than 5 loads once a week. I am hoping that the laundry will go down this summer because the clothing size will get smaller and thus we will use less water.

I honestly hate renting! I wish that we owned our own house! I know that it really isn't feasible right now, but all the rules of renting really bite! There is this apartment across the street that is up for rent and I called to see what it would cost... $800 per month. It is more of a duplex and looked pretty nice from the outside, but I didn't think it would be that much. Needless to say it isn't even an option at this point. If we were to move again, it would HAVE to be better than the place we were in now and only be $600 at the max for rent because each year rent goes up and well we are pushing it with what we are paying now. And the manager guy here just bugs me. He goes through the dumpsters and pulls out things that people should have put into the recycleables. Okay, so I know it is good to recycle, but that means opening other peoples trash and going through it. First, that should be illegal, secondly it's gross, and thirdly I feel like its an invasion of privacy. I never take our trash out when he is outside working because he will stop and stare at you. It's annoying! What can you do though? Deal I guess, because I love our place now.

Okay, I am going to go through the newspaper now and look for some rummage sales that might be worth going to... CIAO! LOVE ME

0 comments: