Friday, May 30, 2008

I Remember...

Jack... As I was laying in bed last night long after Jay fell asleep and not being able to sleep myself I started reminiscing about things that have happened in the past and I thought that I might write/type some on them on here... So...

...I remeber living at my Dad's old house and sitting outside for hours on the rocker just reading (there's that reading thing again) or writing or just watching cars go by. It was my favorite part of the house. I also remember sitting on my carpet rectangle in my room writing letters to my best friend Victoria and putting my pajamas over the heater in the hallway, the only heater/vent upstairs, so they would get nice and toasty warm before I put them on.

...I remember walking the long way to high school just to hook up with Vic and walk with her. We always had tons of fun walking together whether in sun, rain, or snow.

...I remember sneaking a guy in and out of my Dad's new house and the memories that his basement holds for me. I always feared he knew what I was doing, but he never said anything to me about whether he knew or not. Even to this day, probably a good thing.

...I remember the Oshkosh wrestling tournament before Jay and I started dating and he played with my phone. Was I smitten or what? And I remember watching him get a concussion that same weekend and freaking out that he was hurt. I pretty much did that anytime anything happened to him, worst one was when he got hurt during a football game and didn't get up for a couple of minutes. Way to freak me out like that! Not to mention his mom as well, Ayden's never playing contact sports. Lol... okay maybe.

...I remember bringing Ayden home from the hospital and sitting in the backseat with him and worrying everytime I thought he wasn't taking another breath. Of course he was fine. I also know that I was scared beyond expression at thinking that I have to care for this little guy. But everything went fine and a week later it was like life hadn't ever exsisted without him.

...I remember sleeping at our apartment in Point for the first time thinking wow, we really are moving away from our families. I wondered how we would make it and now three years later I'm proud to say that I know we can make it on our own. I also remember the endless packing and unpacking and driving back and forth from Point with loaded vehicles and a sleeping kid in the back.

...I remember Ayden's first day of daycare and not wanting to leave him, but not crying about it either.

...I remember the day Ayden took his first steps (well that I saw because his daycare had told me that he was taking a few there) and I got it on tape! He just sort of took off and I couldn't believe it. My little baby was not such a baby anymore.

...I remember the trip to Punta Cana and not wanting to leave! I also remember seeing all the couples on the beach and wishing that I had someone to walk with. The week went so fast... the drinks, okay so the punch, was delicious, and the swimming every morning after breakfast was too much fun! I have resolved to go back someday. I unfortunately lost my pictures from the trip and thus can only see everything in my head, but it is as clear as the day that we went.

...I remember flying alone to Vermont and hoping that I had gotten on the right flight. I remember being nervous to meet my penpals face to face for the first time, but after we met it was great. I also remember flying home and having to wait at the airport for a layover and freezing because it was so damn cold in there!

Okay, enough memories for now. I could go on and on and on and on, but I won't. CIAO for now... LOVE ME!

0 comments: