Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ayden woke up this morning with a smile on his face! I actually had to wake him up, but he was happy none the less. When I turned his light off last night and told him that he had to go to day daycare (as he calls it) in the morning he was very excited to see his friends again. I was prepared for a crabby child this morning as is usually the case when he is told we have to go. However, I was pleasantly surprised when he hopped out of bed right away, went to the bathroom, and picked out his clothes... all with a smile on his face! It made the start of my day all that much better. We sat down and had our bowls of cereal together, something I would like to continue, as Ayden doesn't usually eat breakfast, but it's nice to do it with him. Then for the rest of the about 20 minutes we had to spare, I like getting up with enough time to move slowly and not be rushed, he couldn't stop asking if it was time to go yet. What's with all the enthusiasm kid, you really that sick of your dear old mom?! I doubt it, how could he be? Lol, but I know that he missed his friends and enjoys playing with other kids.

It's rather chilly outside today. They say it's suppose to warm up again though and then rain for the weekend. That kind of bites because we might be going camping. Still haven't made up our minds and probably won't until the very last minute. I don't really want to go camping if the weather is going to be crappy the whole weekend. Since Jay's parents are only going to the county park it's not as if we couldn't sleep at their house, but then what is really the point of going home, besides to use gas? We haven't been home since the weekend before finals, so really only it will only have been three weeks since we've come home this weekend. We've last longer and will be going home in like three weeks anyways for a cousin's wedding reception. I just don't know. But we could go to my dad's house because Ayden hasn't seen Alexis since Easter and they always have so much fun together and with the weather being nice they can go outside again!

Work went good today. Lots of stuff to keep me busy and moving along. The time actually went pretty fast. The only sucky part is that where I part is only 2 hour parking (at least it's not metered) so I have to go and move my car every two hours. Oh well, I will survive, but today the parking was already two blocks back from the building where I work and usually I can get right up front on the first block. More exercise, that's the way I see it.

Speaking of exercise, I so have not be putting to use my elliptical machine. I keep saying that I will and I know that I should espeically for what we payed for it, although not as high as it could have been, but I'm a slacker. I just wish that I had someone to do with it. And Jay is no help either. He laughs at the word exercise, even though he knows he could stand to do some as well. The thing that bugs me is that he gets on my case about not using the machine, but he doesn't even look at the weight he's gained in the last couple of years. I know, that was kind of mean. I'm just saying, he's definitely not the 'cut' wrestler that I fell for. But of course it wasn't just his body that I was attracted to. But it was nice! Oh those good ole high school days, now almost long in the past. Lol, and I haven't even been out for five years yet. That's okay, I don't want the time to go too fast because that means Ayden is going to keep getting older and older!

I got sunburned yesterday and it hurts today! I know, my fault for not putting on any sunscreen like a good person, but I really didn't think I would get burnt, yeah like I could escape it some how, but I really wasn't outside all that long or for extended periods. I suppose I had to be though in order to get burnt. I enjoyed reading in the sun while Ayden was napping. Just trying to get through my book now because it really isn't that good. I have a Nicholos Sparks one, The Rescue, that I want to read next. His books are usually really good. In any case, I loved The Notebook and The Wedding. So this one is bound to be good, right? I guess we will see. One good thing about getting burnt, also found out that my mom did the same exact thing and got burnt too. We are too much alike, enjoying our books in the sun thinking we will not get sunburnt. Lol!

So, my friend Niki called this morning about her adventure with her boyfriend last night. I convinced her to drive up by him for like 12 hours to spend with him and I didn't really convince her because I wanted her to see him, more for the fact that I wanted her to spend money on gas. Not very nice, I know, but it worked. She just gets on my case sometimes when she complains about her money situation. It's like, don't tell me how poor you are when I know you have a reserve sitting aside that you could use if the situation called for. Where as, Jay and I have only a set amount and when that runs out, that's it! We are broke! We are living two totally different lives so I guess it's unfair to compare things, but seriously... in any case, it was interesting to hear what she had to say this morning. Her and her boyfriend got into their first big fight, first fight since they started dating I think. But everything got worked out and I'm happy that she has finally found someone so great for her! I really hope they do end up getting married someday in the future.


Afternoonish now... Ayden had a good day at 'day daycare' according to his teacher. They got a bunch of new sand for their sandbox outside and of course Ayden's shoes were full of it when he got home. There was a little note from the director for the parents. Apparently some parents had been complaining that their children were coming home dirty and they did not like that. Well the director just explained that they had got new wood chips which were dusty and kids were digging in them and everything. Well I think that if the kids are playing outside for a good portion of the day and they do not come home at least a little dirty something must be up. I like picking Ayden up and him having sand in his shoes (as long as we remember to take our shoes off outside before we get into the house) and grass stains on his knees. It means he was active and had fun. I don't care.

After I picked him up we dropped off a box at the post office. I am returning two of the dresses that I ordered and then I stopped at the YMCA to ask about memberships and getting assistance with one. I got an application to fill out and will probably do that sometime this week. Would be nice to start going there during the week to swim, especially if we didn't have to pay full price. If that's the case then we will have to forgo it. Too expensive.

I also did some laundry today and set up Ayden's fort again. He was upset that we took it down last night, but it was constructed of the quilt Jay and I use to sleep with and well we kind of needed that. Today I used a different blanket so it could stay up if need be. Ayden really likes it and was excited when Jay made it for him yesterday.

Jay will probably be working late all this week. The weather looks like it will be good so no days off due to rain. Good and bad... he just had a three and a half day weekend so I'm sure he was happy to go back to work. He played his game a lot this past weekend, but I think sometimes he gets bored with it. Yeah, then maybe he will stop playing with it. He hasn't told me about any calls to or from Sam in probably a week and I am inclined to believe him. I have to admit, that I did look through his phone this morning, but I just scanned a few of the first numbers in the call log and not the whole list. No Sam. Was happy about that. Things are going pretty good between us... YEAH!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: