Wednesday, May 7, 2008

One More Day!

Jack- One more day of class! So excited, although I will miss my ComD girlies over the summer! They are what gets me motivated to go to class everyday and do well. There is: Robin who is the eldest of us. She has grown children already and a seven year old son named Tristan from a second marriage. Then there is Leah, she is the next oldest, although I don't really consider 28 old. In any case, she has a two year old son named Seth. Next there is Kristi, who is my age and has an almost two year old named Lily, and finally there is Ciera. The one of the group who does not have a child, but that's okay. She is my age as well and works with children everyday so she can still kind of relate to our stories. It's really great to have some girls in my major that I can relate to on a lot of things. And we love to share stories about our kids on a daily basis. We have a gab fest before every class. So, it will suck when classes are over because I won't get to see them very often. I told them that we need to like plan weekly or bi-weekly gatherings to get together and gab/vent because that is what we do best. Especially venting, but it definitely helps!

So I am pretty upset with one of my professors. She decided that our final would be take home, fine with me, but then yesterday she sent out an email that on our final day we are going to have an in class 10 point quiz that will be part of our final. You have to be kidding me, and then after the final we are going to watch a movie! Like seriously, I'm pretty mad. I have a final immediately following this particular one that I had already planned to study during the time that I thought I was going to have off before it. What can you do though? Just be irritated, right? I suppose that I will survive.

I did my audiology presentation today and that went over pretty well. At first we were missing a group member and I was freaking out that she wasn't going to show up in time for class, but she did. She is lucky because I would have been pissed. Hopefully we did well on. The teacher said that we did good so who knows. I'll be looking for the grade. You really never know with this teacher. And she is going to be deciding my clinic hours next semester, ugh! Another thing that I don't have control over.

Ayden started his day out pretty crabby this morning. He didn't want to get up or pick out his clothes. When he did finally get out of bed he came to sit on the couch and whined to me not to talk to him and to leave him alone. He finally got his clothes and got dressed and we headed off to daycare in a decent mood. This afternoon he was a super good boy and we had a good time, but now that it is bed time we are back to being crabby. After his bath I said that he could watch some of Bob the Builder and he did for about 5 minutes and then he started to play with his toys. Well seeing that it was already past normal time to brush his teeth and start our nightly story I told him he could watch his movie or go brush his teeth, but we were not going to play with toys. And so mommy decided that movie time was over it was time to brush our teeth. Ayden decided that he didn't want to brush his teeth, do stickers or read a story and thus he ended up in bed where he is currently crying. I told him that when he decides to brush his teeth we can talk about reading a book.

Okay, had to take a bit of a break there, because just as I was writing that Ayden needed to decide what he wanted to do, he came out and said he wanted to brush his teeth. So, we got our teeth brushed, stickers done, and finished reading Mulan. I have never seen the movie before and didn't really know what the story was about, but it was on TV today and so Ayden and I watched some of it. It was pretty good too. At least I thought so. Aydn was just interested in the bad guys.

I did a bit of cleaning tonight. Our apartment was getting pretty messy again. Mostly the kitchen and living room. After Jay got home from work he did the dishes, well mostly because I told him to. That and the kitty litter is his domain. I will do pretty much everything else without asking for any help. The one thing that Jay does not help with me is the laundry, but that is okay because I don't mind doing that. Anyways, the kitchen is now clean, and I picked up the living room and vaccumed in there as well. Need to do some laundry tomorrow seeing we will be gone the whole weekend when I usually do it and Ayden's room is kind of messy again, but what can you expect, he's 3! Lol. Despite my need for orderliness, I can deal with a certain amount of toys on the floor. I have noticed that this apartments living room has stayed immaculate compared to our last place. I think because our last place was so much smaller. Most of Ayden's toys were in our living room there and now they are in Ayden's room. I have pictures from our old place of the living room and not being able to see the floor because of all the toys. And he is only one kid. I can't imagine having more than one. Someday though... secretly I want like 4 or 5 kids. I told Jay this once and he just looked at me. It's not something I am going to worry about right now though. If and when it happens, I guess it will. Okay, so maybe it's not quite that easy, because we are not actively trying right now. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a little brother or sister for Ayden right this moment, but I know that I am not at the right point in my life to do that, nor is Jay.

Although, when really is the 'right' time? Some people say after you get married, well what if Jay and I never get married? We have a kid together already, can you really get any closer than that? And after 4 1/2 years of being together you'd think I would know if I want to marry the guy. Well I can say that I am closer to knowing it than I was two years ago, but I still can't be for sure. I think my biggest fear is not knowing what the future holds. But in most respects, that is probably a good thing. I just don't know. When Jay and I used to talk about marriage I said that if he proposed I would say no, but I don't know about that anymore. In my eyes, getting married equals spending lots of money. If and when I get married, it will most likely not be in a church (I'd love to have it outside) with just a big tent or something. And there pretty much isn't any way that it can be small because Jay's family is huge and my dad's side isn't exactly small either. Whenever and however, I know it will be good.

So, I am totally missing Criminal Minds right now. Oh well, it's not a show that I need to watch every week. I think I am going to go have a bowl of ice cream right now. Sounds pretty yummy to me!

-Ashley :)

0 comments: