Saturday, May 17, 2008

What happened to my clean apartment?!

Jack... I think I mentioned how I cleaned yesterday, well that clean house is not messy again. Pretty much what you get for having a three year old. I can't imagine having more than one. I guess it's not too messy, the kitchen is still clean and the dining room moderately so, but the living room has tractors and lincoln logs and trains everywhere. Oh well...

We had a pretty good day today. We decided not to go rummaging this morning which was fine with me. Instead we went to Alltel to get new phones. However, we didn't leave with new phones. I was pretty sure that we had to be within 90 days of our contract being over to get the deal on new phones, but Jay and I were not completely sure so we went in anyways to see what we could get. As it turned out, I was right and we can not get the new phones until the end of August, well that is if we want to get them super cheap. We could buy new phones whenever we wanted, but would have to pay full price of them and they are outrageous. I was fine with that and actually the dude that helped us, who buy the way was super great, actually got us a good deal on a texting package. Jay and I didn't have texting on our phones and had to pay for each one we sent and received and had thought about getting a small texting package added to our phones, like only 300 texts per month. Well, as it turns out there is a new plan out that will allow both Jay and I to have 1000 text each per month and it actually lowered our bill, well like only maybe 3 or 4 dollars, but in any case, I was super excited about that. Now I just can't wait to get the phone that has the keyboard so it is easier to text! End of the summer, I suppose I can wait.

Ayden was a super good boy at the Alltel store, mostly because he knew that if he behaved we would be going fishing afterwards. And by fishing I mean, he would cast his fishing pole with the plastic fish attached to the end, into the lake we walked around yesterday. That is precisely what we did too. We went back to Lake Joanis and Ayden got to 'fish' for awhile and we walked around the lake again. It was pretty nice and I think Jay even halfway enjoyed it. I even told him that I wanted it to become a nightly thing this summer, well that is if the mosquitoes don't get too bad. The last thing I want to worry about is getting eaten up on my walks. But we had a good time.

After that we came home and had lunch and Ayden and I took a nap. I think that naps may become a daily ritual for me this summer. Kind of nice really... as long as I can sleep at night. I went to the Nice as New store after my little nap. I have been looking for a specific book that I wanted to start reading, but I didn't really want to buy it new and the library already has a waiting list of like 4 people for the book. If I would have added my name to the list, I wouldn't have gotten the book until the end of the summer and when I decide I want something I usually have to get it. So, I decided that if I didn't find the book at Nice as New I would go buy it at Target. Well, not only did I find the book, but I found it in hardcover and I found two other books as well all for the price of $10 which was less than what I would have paid for the soft cover at Target. I was super happy. Maybe it would be nice if I told you what book I was looking for so badly. It is called Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Very sci fi ish or fantasy if you want to call it that, because it's about vampires, but I've heard so many good things about it that I felt intrigued to pick it up. Fantasy usually aren't my type of thing, but thus far... about 70 pages into it, it is pretty good. There are two other books out in the series already and a fourth one coming out in August, so if I really like them I might just have to preorder the new one. Who knows... I also went to the Nice and New store to look for the V-Smile Pocket gaming system that I want to get Ayden for his birthday. It is about $80 new and I really don't want to pay that much for it... hopefully I can find it at a rummage sale this summer somewhere or get it off e-bay for cheap. I can't believe that I'm saying that because before I wanted this, I wanted to buy him a $200 four-wheeler for this birthday, but with our current financial situaion not completely stable I need to watch what I spend. Oh, but I know that he would love one. He has out grown his old one that we got for like $60 for his second birthday.

I'm not so sure what we will be doing tomorrow. Probably just lounging around the house enjoying the weekend. Now that I don't have to worry about any school work it is actually kind of nice. I know that by like two weeks later I will be wishing I had something further to do.

I haven't gotten a letter from Lee in a while. Not really surprising because it's not as if we are on some sort of schedule for writing, but for like the past month or so we were writing like once a week. And he complains when I don't write back right away, lol. In any case, he better get his act into gear and write soon or I will be complaining to him. We always complain to each other how long it takes the other to write back.


Here are some pictures of the activities that we've done in the past couple of days...


This is from Mother's Day weekend... Ayden throwing sticks into the lake at Great Grandpa and Grandma Cook's house.
Lake Joanis... we walked all the way around! Only a mile though.
Ayden sitting on a rock by the lake.
Ayden golfing at our house on the crappy lawn from the plow trucks in the winter. Too bad it's only crappy right in front of our place.
My quick attempt at a family picture. Doesn't happen too often...
Time to start Ayden's bed time routine and then maybe gonna have some ice cream! Ciao! LOVE ME

0 comments: